THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

lucky horseshoe chicago

Guest verymarried
This topic is 4394 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest verymarried

I was pretty disappointed with my first visit to this place. Two dingy rooms, unfriendly bartenders, generally unattractive dancers who sometimes seem to hang around with each other rather than with clientele, brightly lit lap dance room, women in there one night as customers, - just generally disappointing.

are there other/better places in Chicago? I have not been there in a long time

I was pretty disappointed with my first visit to this place. Two dingy rooms, unfriendly bartenders, generally unattractive dancers who sometimes seem to hang around with each other rather than with clientele, brightly lit lap dance room, women in there one night as customers, - just generally disappointing.

Guest dansjando

I go there pretty frequently as a friend of mine bartends there. But, yeah, I consider it a local dive with gogo dancers. It's really not a strip club. There's no back room, no nudity, no privates (for the most part). With the exception of a couple of dancers each night, most don't work the room. The dancers are as dingy as the decor.

There used to be a place in Chicago in Andersonville, the second gayborhood in Chicago. But I think it closed down. I don't think I was old enough to get in before it closed shop. It is nearly impossible to open a strip club in Chicago thanks to strict ordinances, and I think there's a place way out in the burbs that has dancers on weekends, but they're straight guys that attract mostly bachelorettes. One of the gay saunas in Chicago has strippers on weekends, but the quality has dropped off significantly, and the number has decreased to one or two a night, and most don't work the room.

It's a shock that, Chicago, one of the gay-friendliest cities in the world, has one of the worst strip club scenes.

The dancers are as dingy as the decor.

I have to agree with this comment based on my visit some years ago. I found the dancers to be really bottom of the barrel-types. If it hasn't changed, I would say it is not really worth a visit. Shame, cause there are some hot guys in Chicago....just not at Lucky Horseshoe.

Guest verymarried

I tried Man's Country, the bath house with "strippers". They "perform" on weekends at midnight. It was even worse than Lucky Horseshoe. I do not recommend this place. A dancer or two in a gstring danced in the middle of a huge room and there were a few guys around the perimeter. The dancers were not friendly to the customers. Steamworks, the other bath house, on the other hand had no strippers, but was greatly active with lots of guys and much action. The staff was pretty nice and the place was kept up very well.

• 7 months later...

Hadn't been to the Horseshoe for a couple of years, but decided to stop by on Monday while I was in town on business. Not much has changed since the previous postings. There were 5 dancers that night; it was pretty quiet, as you might expect. I had a good time with the dancers and the bartender was very friendly. The bartender was generous with his advice regarding dancers and who would meet my criteria. On Wednesday night, I stopped by for Jock night. The bar was busy but the vibe was very different from the previous Monday. The bartender seemed annoyed to be working, there was only one dancer I thought appealing. On Monday, I dropped a couple hundred bucks in 4 hours. On Wednesday, I spent 40 bucks in two hours. To sum up, it is still a hit or miss proposition.

I once spent a couple of hours at a bar chatting with several Chicago bar owners. One of them used to occasionally hire go-go boys but stopped because it was frustrating his customers. He said it was the only time in his business career he'd routinely hire 10 guys hoping five would show up. On the bad nights, his customers would get mad at him when the dancers didn't show up. His customers got less mad if he didn't advertise any at all so he just stopped doing it.

Imagine trying to run a joint like the 'shoe where your entire business model depends on the undependable. :(

YES, Lucky... they will honor that "old" card... and will likely provide a lot of attention to you throughout the evening. !! So, go enjoy... it is not as nice as it once was, and Stamworks has really become the "in place" which is too bad, as the MC facilities could be spectacular if someone would do a rennovation and upgrade.

Archived