THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

MassageM4M removes reviewer's # of reviews written

monopolizer
This topic is 4660 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

With a premium membership, the massagem4m.com site would allow you to see all reviews, good and bad for a given masseur. It now looks like they have removed the number of reviews written by the reviewer that appeared near the top of the review.

I liked knowing how many other reviews have been submitted by a reviewer. By removing this, they actually take away an important data point about the masseur. If the masseur has reviews submitted by clients who have only submitted one review, I tend to discount it a bit because it could easily be faked by the masseur or his friends, etc.

While not fool-proof, it was useful to take this into account, along with other information including all of the great feedback in this forum.

For those of you who have premium memberships, I would suggest that we should let the massagem4m site know that this change has not been well-received, that is of course, if you agree with me...

With a premium membership, the massagem4m.com site would allow you to see all reviews, good and bad for a given masseur. It now looks like they have removed the number of reviews written by the reviewer that appeared near the top of the review.

I liked knowing how many other reviews have been submitted by a reviewer. By removing this, they actually take away an important data point about the masseur. If the masseur has reviews submitted by clients who have only submitted one review, I tend to discount it a bit because it could easily be faked by the masseur or his friends, etc.

While not fool-proof, it was useful to take this into account, along with other information including all of the great feedback in this forum.

For those of you who have premium memberships, I would suggest that we should let the massagem4m site know that this change has not been well-received, that is of course, if you agree with me...

Hmmm, you are right. I just checked it out and they've removed that info. I wrote them immediately to tell them it was a bad idea. We'll see how they respond.

Squeeky wheel gets the oil. Send your protest to massagem4m!!

Just when I think about 'upgrading', massagem4m pulls some nefarious act. Really.

First they started charging to see 'all' (less than stellar, ie. truthful) reviews. Look at the recent thread on Ricky of SF, visiting NYC. By us coordinating, the truth comes out.

Then their scam of posting model pictures with google phone numbers where they are never going to call back, and you'll never get a massage appointment. Along this line, their weekly email gives top billing ( read tease) to these non-massuers, in hopes you will upgrade and see their private pics / videos.

Now they are taking away a gauge of the veracity of the reviewer?

Maybe with enough outrage they will backtrack just like Verizon did with their $2 convenience fee...

The funny thing was when some reviews would have that the reviewer had written 617 or so reviews!! This would normally appear on the fake ads they would place to get people to pay to view the photos or videos of the masseur. That to me was a obvious sign the ad was fake. As far as the real ads, I also always looked at the number and put more emphasis on the reviews with 3 or more reviews written.

Although I would like to buy one of the so-called premium memberships, I absolutely refuse to give these people ANY of my money. First, it is amazing that only people who give them money actually get to see the complete reviews -- that should be available to everyone. (Think about it: only those who PAY are entitled to see the truth? Amazing!) Second, they so obviously are ripping off people with their photo/video purchase scam.

Why do we even consider putting up with such a blatant rip off of our community? I call for a total boycott, nothing less.

spoke to head of their accounting department last week. nice guy but clueless. raised all the concerns i have heard from my clients. He said he would pass them on. I feel that they need a multi-tiered pricing structure like rentboy has. This is from the provider perspective. In other words an ad in a small market such as sw fla. is the SAME RATE as an ad in NYC. totally ludacrous. This guy said he is a big fan of DADDYS forum yet is unaware of all this bad pub they are getting here. I got rid of my private pics. Also, while I am extensively reviewed on Daddys and m4rn, no one at massm4m has bothered to publish a review even though 5 clients have told me they wrote one. I feel the site is unprofessional and a borderline scam........yet, I do get clients from it who would not dare visit rentboy. http://www.rentboy.com/mikey9nola1

Interestingly, when I reviewed a guy there recently (in NYC area), they wrote back to confirm the review and actually asked me if I had any further input on their site. I was surprised, and may move to answer that inquiry today. If this is not just a pat internet answer, it shows some positive movement to a point where they take the clients seriously.

Archived