THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Movie: My Week With Marilyn

Lucky
This topic is 4684 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My week was about 7 days too much! Michelle Williams may have played the character of Marilyn very well, but geez, what insufferable insecurities!

I have never understood the appeal of Marilyn Monroe and this movie did nothing to help me out. Most men want to kiss her, I just wanted to slap her.

The cute Eddie Redmayne, who I saw on Broadway with Alfred Molina in Red, where he was just fantastic, proves his acting chops again in this movie.

Except for the part about wanting Marilyn...he must really be acting!

The sets and scenery are beautiful, Judi Dench delightful in a small role, but I don't think seeing Marilyn play out her insecurities is worth the time.

Hopefully Marilyn had more beauty than does Michelle, because otherwise I see nothing to go nuts about, but then, I am gay.

Marilyn Monroe was certainly a complicated person. Onscreen she had a certain magic for me. "Some Like it Hot" still remains one of the all time great films. To me she projected a heart breaking fragility that so few other actresses have ever achieved. I thought Eddie Redmayne was terrific in Red so I will certainly see the film for that reason alone.

Not for me, yet.

I think Michelle Williams is a major talent but when I first heard about this project, I said oh no. Now that the movie is out, and the critics I admire have all expressed disappointment, I think I'm going to pass on this one, and maybe catch it when it goes to Blu-ray.

Nobody was impressed with Eddie Redmayne's performance. In fact, critics found his character so lackluster, no one could believe Marilyn would have anything to do with him. They blame the writing and not his acting ability.

I admire passion and guts but there are some projects, some celebrities, that should be left alone. I think Marilyn Monroe is one of those. Marilyn was too special, a true one of a kind. Unless an actress can actually look like her twin sister, and act her ass off, there's always going to be something missing.

And, of course, if the writing isn't first-rate, then all bets are off.

Archived