THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

"Do you travel?"

maxwellissmart
This topic is 4686 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Well sadly that happens to me way too often. Very recently I rented a car, filled up it's tank, and turned down other appointment inquiries for an overnight.

As I was on my way the guy had a death in the family and canceled. I know it is true and he didn't just make it up.

Still sucks since I was out a considerable amount (to me anyway) of money and time. But I just can't see asking him to cover it with the grief he must be going through.

I should start asking for a deposit but am having trouble bringing myself to do that, it just seems too "business".

You were driving a car???:D

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You were driving a car???:D

Yes and actually enjoyed it! Well not as much as my bicycle but I do what it takes to get to an appointment even if it means piloting a yacht. Though if I were lucky enough to be visiting you in your mountain lair a zeppelin or mule train might be more practical!

Yes and actually enjoyed it! Well not as much as my bicycle but I do what it takes to get to an appointment even if it means piloting a yacht. Though if I were lucky enough to be visiting you in your mountain lair a zeppelin or mule train might be more practical!

I sold the mountain lair, now you have to visit me in my under ocean volcano lair...

I can certainly feel empathy for a client who has to cancel because of something like a death in the family. That said, I'm not going to pay for his misfortunes. I'd ask for a reimbursement of at least part of the money (which I think is totally fair), or I'd never book with him again.

Well besides being sensitive to what must have been a difficult time I was trying to take the long view and figured that he will someday reschedule a booking or at the very least appreciate my empathy, sensitivity and accommodation. But now I'm questioning my approach as I begin to realize what a fool I've been to have swallowed my expenses in these cases so very many times.

Still I'll try to not become completely cynical.

Archived