THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Re: Hiv......are you doing this?

bcohen7719
This topic is 4755 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Would I pay over $35/day ($13,000/year) for toxic drugs with loads of possible short & long-term side-effects for "up to a 73% reduction in the risk of aquiring HIV"? (Other studies show considerably lower efficacy.) No. I can get condoms for free & they are harmless & more effective against HIV & a host of other infections. PreP will never be a serious solution.

Would I pay over $35/day ($13,000/year) for toxic drugs with loads of possible short & long-term side-effects for "up to a 73% reduction in the risk of aquiring HIV"? (Other studies show considerably lower efficacy.) No. I can get condoms for free & they are harmless & more effective against HIV & a host of other infections. PreP will never be a serious solution.

I like your answer....someone has been doing their research ;)

Accidents happen. In case of a condom breakage with a seropositive partner, nPEP (non-occupational Post-Exposure Prophylaxis) should be considered. Seek medical assistance. nPEP is free of charge.[/color]

HIV risk from 1 time exposure is very low. Assuming the person plays safe regularly...I wouldn't recommend 30 days of pure misery over a condom breaking, especially if no one came.

nPep available for FREE for non occupational incidents? This is the United States...NOTHING is free here LOL...perhaps in Europe it is...but I haven't heard rumblings of free treatment here in the US. Many people that I know through the industry are paying 10's of thousands of dollars to live certain lifestyles, in meds each year...if there were everrrrr a reason for centralized medicine and healthcare LOL

I think nPEP is an excellent idea if there is a condom failure during serodiscordant fucking. I know people who have taken it. They had some side-effects, but were not in 'misery' - they were able to continue with their activities of daily life & were clear afterward. Unfortunately, even in Canada, it is not free: a course of treatment costs about $1,000.

Archived