THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

IRIS at The Kodak in Hollywood.

jackhammer91406
This topic is 4314 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

My subscription with the Music Center's Ahmanson Theater series offered me an opportunity to reserve two tickets for the new Cirque du Soleil show. It is pronounced Eres, it's that French Canadian thing I guess.

I am limited in words that are big enough to describe the size and scope of the production's impact on viewers. I saw it with a friend last evening and after spending today struggling with words and phrases like Dazzling, Jaw Dropping overwhelming visually, I just ended up telling people to get tickets no matter the cost. I would recommend first two rows center in the first mezzanine (Rows A or B seats 10 & 11). . Audience members seated in Orchestra seats may find they are craning their necks around to look up and that will cause some discomfort as well as make it impossible to see what is onstage. Better to have seats where the flying action is right in front of you.

Amazing, dazzling, powerful, impressive...see what I mean?

Just spend the money and get the good seats.

Twas always thus.....

Trouble is, I don't have the money!

I heard the same from an employee today. Wasn't sure if it was a function of his trying to get a raise, or actually lamenting finances.

I admit for certain, the ticket costs for this show will be high and go higher since they are going to participate in availability pricing. This means on nights when there are a high number of seats sold, further tickets for that night will increase in price. When demand is low for show nights further out on the calendar it should be possible to get a better price.

Getting the right seat is very important. My boss got tickets today for a date in three weeks for an anniversary. It had to be that date, so seats in the section I told him to try for were sold out. He ended up paying slightly more and taking seats on the ground floor under the mezzanine. Some aerial work might be uncomfortable to see from there but it's what he could get at this close date.

My advice is to work for dates months from now. Just continue to ask for the first date available with those seats (1st mezzanine CENTER, rows A or B, seats 10 and 11. The farther out the date, the better the location and the price should be.

You may still have difficulty because I will be trying to get more chances to see this show several more times and will be trying for those tickets.

Good luck and enjoy the show.

Sharing is a hallmark of a true gentleman. If you find yourself with enough money to buy more tickets for you to see this show several more times, this blessing from God must be shared.

Now way would God indulges your selfishness in seeing this show multiple times by yourself when you know that others might find great satisfaction in seeing the show themselves.

Please repent of your selfishness and mail two tickets to me! :)

• 1 year later...

Closing

A closing notice for this show at the theater now called The Dolby was announced last week. The show will close January 19, 2013. After running over a year the troupe will pack up it's tent.

Many changes were tried over the year including dropping some acts and even lately dropping the intermission and becoming the standard Cirque 90 minute show. Reported to cost 100 million dollars including changes to the theater, nothing seemed to attract a steady stream from the millions who crowd the street outside in front of Graumans Chinese Theater each year.

I am sad to see the company leave. I saw three iterations of the show and enjoyed them all. I will never forget the massive " C.B.DeMille" type opening number of the second act and later in the act the film noir "Keystone Cops" homage on the trampolines, and finally the awesome un-Cirque like soundtrack by Danny Elfman.

Operalover, please excuse any misspelled names, as I am just a poor boy with little education..

I didn't know that they had changed the name to Dolby. But isn't Iris getting out just in time for the Academy Awads? I seem to remember that last year they had to pack the entire show up and move out for the Oscars to go on.

Today, when I saw your headline, Jackhammer, I first read IRS. Hmm, I thought, trouble at the Oscars?

I didn't know that they had changed the name to Dolby. But isn't Iris getting out just in time for the Academy Awads? I seem to remember that last year they had to pack the entire show up and move out for the Oscars to go on. Today, when I saw your headline, Jackhammer, I first read IRS. Hmm, I thought, trouble at the Oscars?
I'm sorry to poke fun at Lucky but god what a beautiful name change for the Oscars Ceremony - the Academy AWADS! Priceless!!!

Archived