THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Professional Certification...A Myth or Future Goal?

bcohen7719
This topic is 4797 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

This is not a myth in any way. This is a serious profession and even if it went through a long period of obscurity (A sex surrogate normally has to be working by the directives of a sex therapy and sex therapists are rare nowadays) I believe more and more people will be interested in exploring it.

I would direct this to Dave in DC for his opinion.

hi Poolboy - i just stumbled on this, that was nice of you to mention me.

i first heard about becoming a certified sexological bodyworker about three or four years ago. Dr. Lorraine Hutchins mentioned it to me - i'm a guest lecturer on sex work for her university classes. she's good friends with Joseph Kramer (who is mentioned throughout the sexologicalbodywork site above) and he is also the founder of Body Electric, as some of you may know. Dr. Hutchins was not suggesting that i do it, though - she was saying - it was very kind of her in fact - that it was as if i had already taken the course. coming from her, i was honored to hear such a sentiment.

however, a part of me thought, uh oh, what if i dont know what i need to know, maybe i should do that. but when i saw what it entailed - and then saw the price (approx $3,500 if i recall correctly) i thought, damn, i don't need to spend 3,500 to hone my information ;)

i also remember looking into sex surrogates at the time - particularly the history and current state of them - and found that although sex surrogates seemed to be an upward trend in the 1970s, esp on the west coast, the amount of surrogates dropped sharply and now there are only, like, 100 of them listed in the usa. the International Professional Surrogates Association charges about $1,500 tuition for their training. more affordable i guess, but it honestly seemed like some title i would never really use.

still, it's good to know what's out there, right?

i first heard about becoming a certified sexological bodyworker about three or four years ago. Dr. Lorraine Hutchins mentioned it to me - i'm a guest lecturer on sex work for her university classes. she's good friends with Joseph Kramer (who is mentioned throughout the sexologicalbodywork site above) and he is also the founder of Body Electric, as some of you may know. Dr. Hutchins was not suggesting that i do it, though - she was saying - it was very kind of her in fact - that it was as if i had already taken the course. coming from her, i was honored to hear such a sentiment.

however, a part of me thought, uh oh, what if i dont know what i need to know, maybe i should do that. but when i saw what it entailed - and then saw the price (approx $3,500 if i recall correctly) i thought, damn, i don't need to spend 3,500 to hone my information ;)

i also remember looking into sex surrogates at the time - particularly the history and current state of them - and found that although sex surrogates seemed to be an upward trend in the 1970s, esp on the west coast, the amount of surrogates dropped sharply and now there are only, like, 100 of them listed in the usa. the International Professional Surrogates Association charges about $1,500 tuition for their training. more affordable i guess, but it honestly seemed like some title i would never really use.

Dave You don't need a piece of paper that one acquires with time and money commitment. Any one who has taken advantage of the knowledge on your web site, read your stellar reviews, communicated directly with you, or is one of the fortunate ones who has spent time with you knows that you are already an intelligent man who loves sex ( in many forms) and knows the many aspects of a sexual experience. You are already a sexologist and people have the opportunity to learn about sex, life, and themselves from you

Keep up the good work.

Bill

Dave:

Thank you for providing these invaluable links and information!

BC

Archived