THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Replying

Guest figgywig
This topic is 4812 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest figgywig

Hi Daddy,

I have tried to reply to a post while logged in. I have pressed the reply button at the bottom of the post, typed my reply, then pressed the quick reply botton. A message comes up saying that I do not have permission for this action. Am I being obtuse and doing someting wrong.

Hopefully you will get this message.

There is no difference between this user account and any other, so there's no reason you should get that message.

Perhaps a setting in your browser is blocking cookies so the server can't identify you? IAC, you posted this thread so you clearly have permission to post.

Sometimes if you take too long in composing your message, the system will time you out. It's happened to me a few times and I received the same message that you did. Other posters have mentioned they have encountered the same problem. A few posters mentioned that when logging in they click the "always logged in" option (I forget the exact verbage) as a way of avoiding this.

When it has happened to me, I hit the back button on my browser. Highlight and copy the text of the post I was drafting, log back into the system, and then paste the copied post into a new one. Hope that helps.

I've found for time outs

That's interesting Scorpio because I have also been logged out of the system sometimes when I'm composing some of my responses. Typically it takes me to the login screen and I've found that if I simply log in again then it carries out whatever I was last trying to do (i.e. post, send a private message, etc)

Gcursor

Sometimes if you take too long in composing your message, the system will time you out. It's happened to me a few times and I received the same message that you did. Other posters have mentioned they have encountered the same problem. A few posters mentioned that when logging in they click the "always logged in" option (I forget the exact verbage) as a way of avoiding this.

When it has happened to me, I hit the back button on my browser. Highlight and copy the text of the post I was drafting, log back into the system, and then paste the copied post into a new one. Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest figgywig

Thanks everyone. I've been away for a while, so I haven't had a chance to reply to anything. I'll keep this message short, and hopefully you will receive it.

Archived