THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Fraudulent ads!!

dcguy20
This topic is 4827 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

After doing some investigating, I realize the following ads on Massagem4m.com are not massage ads at all, but plants to get the unsuspecting consumer to purchase credits for use to view the photos and/or videos associated with the ads. I also confirmed this with one of the models whose photos were used for such ads (he confirmed it was he in the picture, but that it wasn’t his ad). I sent an e-mail to massagem4m asking why they were encouraging this fraudulent activity only to be met with silence.

All these ads have the following similarities: very professional photos; vague reviews with a similar writing style and in some cases cities are not listed where the appointments had taken place; the reviews sometimes mention said private photographs or videos. After placing calls to the ads listed below, calls went directly to voicemail and were usually to a Google phone subscriber. When messages and e-mails are sent, no responses have been forthcoming. Is it a coincidence that a lot of these guys have been doing massage for two years?! Text in some of the ads encourage those perusing the ads to view private photos (which one has to pay for).

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, there was an ad for Derek and Tommy about a month ago that ran in DC for a week. I left 3 messages and an e-mail but never received a response. Richie used to be listed in DC as well, and at times the ad never had a phone number, so I sent a couple of e-mails. Never received a response. I had also seen his pictures used to advertise a website (name of which I can not recall). I called Troy several months ago when he was listed in NYC and never received a response. Wow, business must be so great that these “guys” don’t have to return phone calls.

For some reason this practice just infuriates me. I don’t know what can be done to rectify the situation besides trying to make people familiar with what’s taking place on Massagem4m.com.

There have also been times that messages mentioning the lack of response in the review section for these ads have been deleted. I’m sure there are more, but so far this is what I’ve compiled:

http://www.massagem4m.com/ga/atlanta/15267/

http://www.massagem4m.com/ca/san-francisco/15016/

http://www.massagem4m.com/dc/washington,-d.c/13943/

http://www.massagem4m.com/ga/atlanta/14843/

http://www.massagem4m.com/ny/new-york-city/13718/

http://www.massagem4m.com/ny/new-york-city/15377/

Ive emailed them b4 and suggested they take away the option of selling credits to view those types of pics and videos. I think most people interested in a session would just email the provider and ask too see the pics for free. I think paying too see those pics then turning around and then paying for a massage too is bad business.

Hey dcguy, I have been using m4m for sometime now. that is the first thing that I discovered. Most of the hottest guys only do therapuetic, no mutual touch or they are only trying to sell the pics via credits. Don't let that get you mad. It's the buyer beware always, and it is really part of the business, not always...but very often it is. I will always send a warm and sincere email first, and a cold or response that they only take direct phone calls, which always goes to voice mail, means I get to keep my money in my pocket and search elsewhere. I just had the most amazing massage at Burke Williams today. Non sexual of course, but it was amazing, and the masseur was a real cutie. You know sometimes I don't need a happy ending to be happy:)

I know it is frustrating, espeicially when the guy is SO hot and you would just love to call and get an hot erotic massage from him...but you know it is a scam. Ok, now I am getting pissed off just thinking about all of the hot guys I had to pass on..oh well, I guess I will save this frustration for another day. Be well, my friend

DC Guy, you are so right! But we learn to take these things with a grain of salt, and there is information to be gleaned from the ads and the reviews. It's not too hard to spot the phony reviews; I get a kick out of the reviews for these Russian twinks in NYC that are written in the same broken English as their ads! I'm sure you're right about some of the ads being come-ons for the private pics. I would NEVER pay for a guy's "private photos!" If he wants to advertise himself, let HIM pay for it. (Same with people who wear these T-shirts advertising Guiness or Budweiser; I sometimes ask them how much the company is paying them to advertise their products.) This guy Richie in DC is notorious for never answering e-mails or phone calls, and there have been several comments here about him. Yeah, he's hot, but so what? He's a scam.

M4M is my favorite masseur site because it's easy to navigate (manworks.com isn't easy) and gives plenty of information (Rentboy does not). Sure, some reviews are phony, they won't print negative reviews (masseurs may delete reviews they don't like), and the try to lure you into paying for "private photos" (so just say no!). But I've found some excellent masseurs here, therapeutic (i.e. real masseurs) and erotic (poor masseurs, but....wow!). And as for your comment about Troy, it depends on which guy you mean. I've been seeing Troy in NYC (347-549-9263) for several years, and he's a reliable, good-natured guy who gives a good massage for a reasonable fee (even if he asks for more $$$ to "use your lips," which I don't do).

Oh, yes...one more comment, about photos. I think a good, professional photo is a plus, and doesn't mean it's a scam. It means the masseur cares, just like the masseur who makes sure there are no typos or misspellings in his ad. One of my favorite masseurs, Arjun in NYC (not Arjuna), has his photos professionally made because he wants to project an image of a conscientious, honest, skilled masseur, which he is. When I see a lousy photo (and just because you take a picture of yourself with your cell phone, it doesn't have to be a poor photo), it shows me that the guy just doesn't give a shit, and that his massage probably won't be too good, either.

Another phoney ad is this guy:

http://www.massagem4m.com/christianmassage

Like the original poster, I called, emailed, emailed and called...no response. Interestingly, one of his reviews was negative and mentioned the fact that he never returns his calls nor emails(the review is now gone). Of course he moved to DC, from Baltimore and now he is in California..lord only knows where he will end up next.

Archived