THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Rentboy statistics

Irtwo
This topic is 4854 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

So I had nothing better to do today, so while searching through the NY rentboy ads, I was curious about the statistical breakdown of the boys along ethnic lines. Below is what I came up with. This is for Manahattan, NY. Any surprises to anyone?

White 43%

Latino 29%

Black 13%

Other 10%

Mediterranean 4%

Asian 1%

Total 100%

This is based on search filtering, out of a total 486, using Rentboy's ethnicity categories. There's some overlap in the categories, that's why Manhattan shows only 477 total. The percentages are rounded. The "Other" catgeory, based on quick visual inspection, is about 72% white or latino and 28% black.

And just to throw it in the mix, the percentages of "uncut" within each of the largest groups are:

Latino 65%

White 25%

Black 6%

It's an interesting exercise. As Lee suggests, I'd expect the stats would vary quite a bit in different cities. Also whether or not Rentboy is the listing site of choice for a given city would make a difference. Some cities like SF where Rentboy has less of a presence, you'd need to cross reference with M4RN and Rentmen.

I did a sort of similar exercise a while back where I added up the number of Manhunt listings and RealJock listings in a given city and comparing it to the census number of males 18 years or older to determine "how gay" a given city is. Of course the description "how gay" is not really accurate - what is really showed was what proportion of the adult male population had listings on those websites. As it turned out, in San Francisco the number of Manhunt listings equated to 5.8% of the adult male population, or 1 in 17 men. By comparison, in Phoenix the Manhunt listings equated to 2.1%, or 1 in 47. But then you'd also have to account for men with more than one listing, so that complicates things... OK now I'm just being a total geek!

"As it turned out, in San Francisco the number of Manhunt listings equated to 5.8% of the adult male population, or 1 in 17 men."

Interesting. That's quite a high percentage, even for SF.

I've been looking for reasons to relocate to the west coast. Already have 2 but that percentage is a strong third Oh well kids, don't make any large purchases cause the nest egg might run dry, but Dad's gonna have fun.

Bill K.

Archived