THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Playing around

gcursor
This topic is 4927 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Years ago I got hooked on this silly pc version of the board game Risk. I'm embarrassed in that I'm sure it's meant for 14 year olds, but there you have it. Trouble is it doesn't work on Windows 7, and I hate having to keep my old piece of shit computer around just to play that one game. There are other current versions, but to my knowledge none are true to the original board game like the one I'm used to.

Kevin Slater

I have a Playstation2 and I love Crash Bandicoot and Spiro the Dragon games. I believe they call them platform games. Very simple control moves, not many combinations of buttons to remember. I guess I am kind of old school since these games remind me of the old Mario Brothers games.

Guest sexantexan
Years ago I got hooked on this silly pc version of the board game Risk. I'm embarrassed in that I'm sure it's meant for 14 year olds, but there you have it. Trouble is it doesn't work on Windows 7, and I hate having to keep my old piece of shit computer around just to play that one game. There are other current versions, but to my knowledge none are true to the original board game like the one I'm used to.

Kevin Slater

If your Risk game is DOS based, you can use DOSBox, a program that emulates a PC from the mid 90s. If it is Windows, there are other emulation and virtualization options you can explore that would allow you to run the correct version of Windows for your game within Windows 7.

Archived