THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

John Leguizamo's Ghetto Klown

skynyc
This topic is 4943 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I know...I saw a lot this week...and have tickets for the next six nights as well. Thank heaven for tdf (and my tax return) which always saves me at this time of year when shows are opening for Tony contention.

Ghetto Klown is this very talented performers latest take on his own life...and even jokes that he should be paying the audience because this is his therapy. Here we rehash much of the same timeframe as some of his other shows, but here we look very specifically at his performing career.

I likes Ghetto Klown more than Sex-a-Holic, which was about his sex-life, but less than Spic-o-Rama, which was about his Latin roots. Leguizamo is a natural on stage. He moves well and delineates his characters brilliantly. Here I particularly loved his ancient female acting teacher and his take on Patrick Swayze while making "To Wong Fu..."

And while I am glad to have seen this, it did seem long at 2 hours 35 minutes...the second act seemed to get heavily bogged down in his depression after taking time off to start his family. I hope that he trims it in the preview period.

Archived