THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Specialty massage

Greathands
This topic is 5011 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm the first to admit that I'm a massage *****. I rarely get an hour massage, usually at least 90 minutes. Have had two hour massages ... and yes, even a couple of three hour massages (though I don't recommend them cause it renders you absolutely useless and unable to even walk).

I have had therapeutic massages, sensual massages and erotic massages. For those of you familiar with it, I've had mansoma massages. Massages with hot rocks and salt scrubs.

But ... a thought occurred to me this evening. After dinner, my boyfriend and I were cuddling on the couch, and he started scratching my back. I love getting scratched, especially my legs.

Has anyone ever experienced a massage that the masseur included a good amount of body scratching? I think I would enjoy that a lot.

I'd rather have a hot stone massage ... this cupping massage looks quite painful.

iv offered both in the past. The cupping doesn't hurt but it can leave big ole hickeys all over your back. I liked giving hot stone massage in the winter months but in the summer time it could really heat up a room. I found the most painful massage to be Rolfing massage or Myofascial release massage. those 2 massages you should never get unless you are 100% sure the person certified and licensed

Cupping

I'm the first to admit that I'm a massage *****. I rarely get an hour massage, usually at least 90 minutes. Have had two hour massages ... and yes, even a couple of three hour massages (though I don't recommend them cause it renders you absolutely useless and unable to even walk).

I have had therapeutic massages, sensual massages and erotic massages. For those of you familiar with it, I've had mansoma massages. Massages with hot rocks and salt scrubs.

But ... a thought occurred to me this evening. After dinner, my boyfriend and I were cuddling on the couch, and he started scratching my back. I love getting scratched, especially my legs.

Has anyone ever experienced a massage that the masseur included a good amount of body scratching? I think I would enjoy that a lot.

Cupping is also a therapy that was brought to this country in the late 19th century by Jewish immigrants from Eastern Europe. The Yiddish term for cupping is BONKISS. My grandfather was cupped here in NY during the influenza pandemic of 1918. I don't know if it worked on the flu, but he lived for 36 more years! My other grandfather also got the flu in 1918. The doctor said, "Bundle him up, let him sit by the open window, and hope for the best." Again, who knows if that did any good, but he lived to be 85! When I visited China in 1979, I saw not only acupuncture, but cupping and moxibustion, where a needle is inserted into then hand (in the case I saw), and the other end is wrapped with some sort of cloth (?) and lit. One of our group tried it, and said it was a "not unpleasant" experience.

something that hasn't been mentioned that i'm a big fan of is acupuncture. My last massage therapist graduated massage school then he attended a school for oriental medicine. Id normally get a 1hr massage and about 45 minutes of acupuncture. I also love Thai massage which is performed in lose clothing like gym shorts and a tee on a mat. I wish i had taken a class in Thai massage

Archived