THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

What should a massage cost? What's it worth?

beethoven
This topic is 5011 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Yesterday, I replied to a valid assertion that $350 is a lot for a 90-minute massage, explaining why it's worth that much to me (and not necessarily that much to someone else). It's hard to quantify value and worth, but let me try.

An erotic massage here in New York usually (85% of the time?) costs between $100 and $160 an hour. That's between $150 and $240 for 90 minutes. The $350 that I cheerfully pay for 90 minutes of RJ is about $235 an hour. Is my expensive, fabulous Philadelphia (or Fort Lauderdale) massage worth twice as much as an "ordinary" massage here in NY? To me, it is. To me, RJ is unique. No one else does what he does. Also, we like each other and are comfortable with each other.

It all comes down to what one can afford and what one's priorities are. I don't go to the opera, but I can easily see someone spending more than $200 for a ticket. Opera is spectacular! I'm a football fan, but I can't see spending those absurd prices for getting stuck in traffic and giving those thieves $10,000 for the "privilege" of buying an overpriced ticket and shivering in the cold and wind for three hours. Obviously, more than 60,000 people don't agree with me. But --- Go, Jets!!!

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I charged 75.00 100.00 for 90 minutes for therapeutic massage or a therapeutic sensual combination the 6 1/2 years i lived in Atlanta. had over 700 hrs of massage school training and state licensed. I see guys listed on massage m4m charging 100 to 120.00 hr with absolutely no training what so ever. I personal rate the value of someone that has no massage school training at zero. If people want fair rates then stop hiring those with no training they will be forced out of business and those of us who cared enough to get up off our ass and spend the money and time to invest in the education to do it correctly can offer more competitive rates

It's really market driven to a great extent. I know I'm going to pay more here in NYC than when I travel almost anywhere else. EVERYTHING costs more in NY. Places with a lower cost of living will be cheaper.

As far as value, it's always best when the quality (for your tastes) matches the price which is what it sounds like you have with RJ. The worst experiences are if you pay more than you normally pay and it's worse than average (for you).

With budget priorities,, it really is personal priorities. One man's crazy is another man's lifeblood. As long as you're able to meet your basic obligations, go for it!

I liken massage to buying a car. If you only need something to get you from point A to point B (strictly therapeutic), then you shouldn't pay more than the basic rate, 60-100 per hour, depending on market. If you want more accessories or add-ons, then plan on paying the amount that the accessory means to you. Generally speaking, another 100, on top of the basic rate is reasonable, in my mind, for sensual add-on. To Beethoven's point, if you find a massage to be spectacular in all facets, it can be personally worth a lot more. The biggest problem here is that you don't know how the masseur will perform until you have had an appointment with him. I would say for a first time appt, up to $200 per hour is the most that I would risk.

I have been getting massages for approximately four years now, and I have never paid more than $160, and those are West Coast (San Francisco Bay Area rates). $350 is an outrageous fee for any type of massage regardless of its being given in the New York City area. If you have the money and don't mind forking it out-- go for it, but if you have inquired about some of the going rates in other popular metro areas as a comparison--then I'd give a second as well as a third thought about hiring this man whose fees are the ones cited here!

Well, OK, but then I'd have to factor in the cost of getting to those "other popular metro areas." Seriously, you and the other correspondents make sense, but RJ does it for me. Sure, perhaps masseurs in the Bay Area or Dallas or wherever give better value for the dollar, but I live here, not there.

Well, OK, but then I'd have to factor in the cost of getting to those "other popular metro areas." Seriously, you and the other correspondents make sense, but RJ does it for me. Sure, perhaps masseurs in the Bay Area or Dallas or wherever give better value for the dollar, but I live here, not there.

is there a web site? im just curious what 350.00 ninty minutes looks like lol

Guest Rocky LaBarre Big Buddy

I agree w/ Beethoven regarding prices. but I would say $100 - $160 would be for a sensual massage which includes a happy ending.

$200 - $300 per hour is normal for an erotic massage where. "Legs are put over shoulders for a deeply PENETRATING stretching experience"

After all, The Therapist is putting more of himself into your experience. And you are getting a very full experience.

Mine can't catch their balance for a few minutes after.

;)

Guest greatness

I will give massages for free! Well I'm not trained at all though. I have a massage therapist(non-erotic) come to my house with a stable massage table. He quoted 80 dollars for an hour and a half a couple of years ago but since he has to travel back and forth I give him a little bit of extra to that amount. If he has to come before or after holidays I give him a bit more instead of getting him gifts. I love massages than sex.

I will give massages for free! Well I'm not trained at all though. I have a massage therapist(non-erotic) come to my house with a stable massage table. He quoted 80 dollars for an hour and a half a couple of years ago but since he has to travel back and forth I give him a little bit of extra to that amount. If he has to come before or after holidays I give him a bit more instead of getting him gifts. I love massages than sex.

I think a great deep tissue massage is better than sex too. Number one question i always got is there a table?

Guest greatness

I don't know what you call it. He calls it a massage table. It folds but the one he has is extremely heavy. He is a little guy (so cute) but he carries it in a bag with clean linens. I think you can buy it online. I hope this helps. Are you still giving massages these days? I should drop by to see you the next time I'm in Atlanta. Hugs~~

I think a great deep tissue massage is better than sex too. Number one question i always got is there a table?

I have to agree. Deep Tissue Massage is wonderful. But I don't want a release after one, I want to sleep, peacefully for a long time.

But no massage therapist has ever snogged me to orgasm, so I'm going to keep my guy on retainer, too!

Iv never had a release from a massage Don't want one either. I like a really deep massage the kind where you just want to go home and fall asleep and a little sore the next day to remind you of how good it is. When I start back I'm going to market myself heavily towards personal trainers their clients and those who need massage for chronic pain or stress reduction

Guest greatness

That's a good thing. You can always work at a spa and start building your clients from there. I've met my massage therapist from a spa. Hugs~~

Iv never had a release from a massage Don't want one either. I like a really deep massage the kind where you just want to go home and fall asleep and a little sore the next day to remind you of how good it is. When I start back I'm going to market myself heavily towards personal trainers their clients and those who need massage for chronic pain or stress reduction

I like a really deep massage the kind where you just want to go home and fall asleep and a little sore the next day to remind you of how good it is.

My chiropractor has a stable of 3 massage therapists that I use. I actually enjoy the three different guys techniques - change is GREAT! One of the guys told his sister who was pinch-hitting for him that I like an insane amount of pressure! That little 110 pound girl put a hurt on me that lasted 2 days. But I would never tell the guys that she was better than they are. They're all cuter, IMHO.

Guest greatness

With your looks you will build clients in no time. ~~~

I actually started out in a sports clinic where i worked from 98 to 03 b4 going out on my own. we mostly worked with sports injuries, workers comp patients, chronic pain suffers.

After that i spent about 6 months with a hotel chain

Archived