THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Could this be sting? - advice please

Guest verymarried
This topic is 5011 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest verymarried

Two guys posted on Men4rentnow.com are coming thru my smaller southern home town this wknd. This is rare and I am intrstd big time. I am less concerned with a disappointing time than I am in a sting and always of course with personal safety. I have read references to stings on this forum mostly with regard to Las Vegas. How concerned should I be? I only do this rarely and only with a well reviewed dude when I am out of town on biz. Thank you for your impressions and advice. I've not posted a link before here. Hope this works.

str8army19

str8marine1988

Guest skrubber
Two guys posted on Men4rentnow.com are coming thru my smaller southern home town this wknd. This is rare and I am intrstd big time. I am less concerned with a disappointing time than I am in a sting and always of course with personal safety. I have read references to stings on this forum mostly with regard to Las Vegas. How concerned should I be? I only do this rarely and only with a well reviewed dude when I am out of town on biz. Thank you for your impressions and advice. I've not posted a link before here. Hope this works.

str8army19

str8marine1988

You give no reasons why you think this may be a sting.

str8army19

str8marine1988

There has been at least one thread here about a couple of supposedly-straight, supposedly military guys traveling together. As I recall, the comments weren't favorable and the guys who showed up weren't necessarily the guys in the pictures, but there was no mention of a sting in the sense of entrapment - more a bait & switch, perhaps.

Sorry i don;t have time at the moment to search for the thread, but probably someone with a better memory can help.

Scam vs. Sting

I don't think that this is a sting, but I do think it is a scam. I contacted both of these providers by telephone and got a very, very negative feeling--I think that they are both out for the money and will provide a minimal service (if any at all) for their fee. They were almost to the point of being rude on the telephone and non-responsive to emails. I would not waste your time nor your money. There are many (and much) better providers in the marketplace. Just an opinion, but they won't get my money....

verymarried....sounds like you got the info you needed, but, yes, avoid these guys.....all the above comments are correct....rare threads do come up asking about them and it seems they travel often and try to give off a straight/military/masculine vibe....definitely more scam than sting.....just for fun, you could contact them and see how they sound and even inquire about the bait-and-switch rep they have.....then see how they respond.....I may've even emailed one of these guys once and I didn't get a reply, I think....I DO like the masculine/"straight" vibe, though!

Guest verymarried

Thanks again for the help from this site. The advice to stick with the well reviewed people on this site is one worth remembering.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived