THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Has your vehicle ever broken down in a client's driveway?

Mocha
This topic is 5021 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I have a vehicle that I keep regular maintenance on and has done very well considering the amount of miles I've put on it. Now, my car did not break down in a client's driveway, but rather at a friend's house who I happened to be visiting for a party the night before. The next afternoon my car wouldn't start. I was stuck there til the next day because it was Sunday and I had nowhere to tow it to.

But...it has always been my biggest concern (aka worst case scenario) that I'll have an outcall and either the car will break down at their place and they've got a roommate or signficant other arriving in 30 minutes (which is why I recommend clients not book outcalls if they dont have a sufficient time window to work with). Fortunently neither one has happened.

Ironically, another friend's antique Benz stalled on him on the way to a strip club. So we're both without transportation at the moment...but he lives and works nearby.

I've broken down on the way to see a client, but never in the driveway itself.

Generally I prefer not to park in the client's driveway if possible. Ideally I like to park a ways down the street - it's more discreet for both the client and for me, and if for some reason the car doesn't start it won't create a scene (or as much of a scene) than if I'm sitting in the driveway waiting for AAA.

Archived