THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

The latest in "Dress for Success"

doitb4ugo
This topic is 5045 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

When I tried to zoom in on the license plate of the car in the photo, I could not make out any details. Looking at the store names, names on the shopping bag, the faces of the pedestrians, I am guessing the photo may have been taken in the Phillippines---Manila??

Probably not Singapore where strict laws would keep such behaviour from lasting long.

Any other guesses? Great photo!!

NYC location

Wonder why you feel this isn't a city in the US? The woman-shopper is carrying a bag from Duane Reade (drugstore) and to me, it looks like a yellow taxicab in the background.

Yep, I see the cab also. The photo was taken on Broadway, near 37th Street in NYC -- Broadway has a strip down the middle there. Note the awning for Eurovision Optical, which is at 1372 Broadway, near W. 37.

Thanks for the clarification Ivan... I guess my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but having someone from NYC give us the straight scoop is much appreciated. Now, however, I am even more curious as to how this managed to get taken, although so many movies are shot in NYC that probably no one pays any attention to things like this anymore. Thanks again, Ivan for the clarification.

DD

Thanks for the clarification Ivan... I guess my eyes are not as good as they used to be, but having someone from NYC give us the straight scoop is much appreciated. Now, however, I am even more curious as to how this managed to get taken, although so many movies are shot in NYC that probably no one pays any attention to things like this anymore. Thanks again, Ivan for the clarification.

DD

I see people taking photos/doing shoots all the time in NYC, nothing special. And you can also tell this is NYC because no one seems to notice. On one of my first days in NYC, on the subway going to my new job, a tall guy got on in full disco outfit that left little to the imagination, lots of fringe and foil -- he grabbed a strap like everyone else, and no one paid any attention. One day in the Metropolitan Museum, Thomas Hoving walked through the galleries with Jackie O. on his arm, and no one looked (actually, seemed to look -- of course everyone noticed!).

Archived