THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Work Meeting

Steven_Draker
This topic is 5064 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I didn't find it funny, but rather thought-provoking.

"People have false ideas about people who are HIV-positive: "they could be dangerous or contagious." So there can be discrimination against HIV-positive people at their job.

What this ad says is: the only way you can become HIV-positive is by having sex with a person who is, so unless you have sex with your co-workers without a condom at work, that colleage who is HIV-positive could never infect you."

This spot is against discrimination of HIV-positive people.

Guest greatness

Yes

You are so considerate~~~ A lot of countries discriminate against people with HIV. I hope it stops. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. You are a great guy. Kisses and hugs~~~ :)

I didn't find it funny, but rather thought-provoking.

"People have false ideas about people who are HIV-positive: "they could be dangerous or contagious." So there can be discrimination against HIV-positive people at their job.

What this ad says is: the only way you can become HIV-positive is by having sex with a person who is, so unless you have sex with your co-workers without a condom at work, that colleage who is HIV-positive could never infect you."

This spot is against discrimination of HIV-positive people.[/color]

It would appear there was a series of ads. The one I watched was the one in the Lounge. Sorry for the confusion.

No worries, Luv2play. I posted two commercials from AIDeS.org commemorating World AIDS Day: one in the Lounge (Mile-High Club/Reason for a plane crash) and one here in the Deli (Work meeting) hence the confusion.

Can someone explain the commercial to me?

I'll try to explain, although I'm sure that a native English speaker can do a better job than me here. First, try to think outside the box. It's 'second degree'.

The spot ends with the following message: "Unless your company looks like this, there's no risk in working with an HIV positive person."

Some folks still have false ideas about HIV-positive people: they think that "POZ people can be dangerous or contagious." The message behind: there's still discrimination against HIV-positive people at their work. Many have to hide their positive status at work because they fear discrimination and also losing their jobs. What this ad says is: the only way you can become HIV-positive is by having unprotected sex with a person who is; so unless you have sex with your co-workers without a condom, that colleague could not infect you in the everyday life. I hope it's a bit clearer now.

Archived