THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

massage rates in portland area

Guest Kevin H.
This topic is 5061 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest Kevin H.

i'm starting to give massages on the side because i'm broke and unemployed and i don't really want to take on a new job at the moment (i'm heading back to school in january). what kind of rates should i charge? is 100.00 per hour standard? or is that too much? too little? any kind of guidance here would be great. thanks.

Not being a massage therapist, I would assume that the standard Masseur formula would get you close to the correct price point for your services...The price you can charge is a product of three variables...as follows:

P = (A * C) + L

where P is Price

A = Attractiveness

C = Competancy at giving massases

L = location adjustment

Wjith this formula you can determine how much to charge...however to keep a steady client return rate you need to add some weighting factor to the C component.

To see what others charge, you might look in your location at Massagem4m.com or other such site..

I hope this helps. To get $100.00 per hour in Bston, you would need to be fairly good looking, know what you are doing and offer a very sexy session....even then the market here is fairly saturated and often many clients prefer to use Craigslist to get more sex and less massage...Also being formally trained and certified helps alot here in this market..

Good luck with your endeavor...Remember to have some fun with it...

Guest Kevin H.

thanks, i checked out those sites. if i may so, i'm a bit better looking than the guys on those sites in my area. i had quite a few takers at 100 per hour, so i guess i'll go w/ that for now. thanks again. is anyone else here in the portland area?

i'm starting to give massages on the side because i'm broke and unemployed and i don't really want to take on a new job at the moment (i'm heading back to school in january). what kind of rates should i charge? is 100.00 per hour standard? or is that too much? too little? any kind of guidance here would be great. thanks.

Do you have an ad we can look at?

Archived