THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Gifts...

Guest IndyMedic2006
This topic is 5071 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest IndyMedic2006

The holidays are quickly approaching and I was wondering if a client purchased a nice gift for you... If you didnt like the gift would you ever tell the client you didnt like his gift? Would you prefer the client left a gift receipt? And clients, would you ever include a gift receipt???

Guest greatness

You are so sweet to buy gifts for them. Well I always give gift receipts so if they don't like my gift then they can go and change it. Kisses and hugs~~

Guest greatness

well I will be more happy if they get what they want. It's a gift. I don't care what they do with it. I show my love and it's up to them what they do with it. Kisses and hugs~~~

I use to give my massage clients gifts at christmas. The regular's the few that came every week or every 2 weeks. I always talked the first few minutes when i worked so i kinda knew what they liked or were into. This one guy was a drinker and liked bourbon, so I got him his favorite bourbon. 3 guys I gave them free 90 minute massages as a gift for christmas. Maybe if they have a favorite charity you could make a donation to that in their name.

Guest IndyMedic2006
well I will be more happy if they get what they want. It's a gift. I don't care what they do with it. I show my love and it's up to them what they do with it. Kisses and hugs~~~

I guess I put alittle of time and energy and thought into some of the gifts.... while some dont require alot of effort to pick out. I wuld just hope that he would see the effort and energy and love into those special items

Guest BrandonWilliams

I will chime in on this thread. When it's a gift from a client, I approach it as I would when receiving a gift from anyone in my life...my mother, my father, my best friend, etc. A gift is something that is unexpected and should always be received with most appreciation. Now, I'm not trying to sound completely delusional, but yes, I have received a few gifts that I didn't care for from various people in my life. I never re-gift, but I just give the unwanted gift to a local charity. Interestingly, in all of the gifts I have received from clients, I've never received a gift that I didn't like or didn't fit my interests/personality. I think that's a result of how much the client and I share as I love to really get to know the guys I spend time with and I often find that is mutual with my client. I have to giggle now as I write this response; my clients need to suggest a few items to my family!

Hope that helps!

I thought it was the business people that gave their customers gifts for the holiday season.

that's what I thought too. The best clients get gifts in appreciation for their business. That's why I gave my best clients gifts. My hair stylist at the time use to give his best clients gifts

Guest greatness

You are just so sweet. Indymedic~~ Hope to see you when I go to Indianapolis.

I guess I put alittle of time and energy and thought into some of the gifts.... while some dont require alot of effort to pick out. I wuld just hope that he would see the effort and energy and love into those special items

Guest IndyMedic2006

I have given several iTunes cards Adam and recently I gave a very nice leather bound planner that I know will get alot of use as a birthday gift. I know with christmas around the corner I would like to give a personal gift.... it is just that little annoying voice in teh back of my head that says, [I]"What if he doesnt like it? Will it end up at the bottom of a closet or at the Goodwill?"[/i]

Guest Ryaan_Morgan

This is my first post on any thread! I have received a couple gifts from clients and have always been extremely appreciative of what it is because someone thought enough to go out of their way to give something. I wouldn't ever re-gift an item and in my experience the gift has always really matched my personality perfectly!

Guest greatness

Aww

Oh my Ryann is finally here~~~ Ryaan you are so sweet~~~ I should get you something more. Kisses and hugs~~~ :)

This is my first post on any thread! I have received a couple gifts from clients and have always been extremely appreciative of what it is because someone thought enough to go out of their way to give something. I wouldn't ever re-gift an item and in my experience the gift has always really matched my personality perfectly!

Guest IndyMedic2006

I like to think that all my gifts have been well received and he always tells me that "You did good," but I just want to make sure I stay on that winning streak. So far I am batting a 1000.... btw, I never use sports references as I rarely understand anything about sports.

Ok I am not big on tipping. Dont get me wrong when I hire I pay for everything and we dont just sit around the bedroom. To me I spend the money on experiences we can do together rather than simply and coldly saying. Here's some extra cash. Of course im a hirer that hired because I want to share time. Not the hirer That pays to make sure they leave.

For me gift are common in lieu of such tips. But I only think personal gift are good When you know them well enough. Otherwise I agree gift cards or the like are the way to go. That said. I see no reason to spend money and have them not like the choice so for me a gift receipt is standard. I just usually ask to see what they got to replace it. In one case.... I actually wore such a replacement at a later hire. :) hmmm good memories.

Personally Indy the fact you put the thougt into the decision you make. Well that is the real gift of Christmas. So keep worrying and trying to Get it right. Cause even if you dont.... and he exchanges it... your the better person. And he is lucky to know people like that.

Guest IndyMedic2006
Personally Indy the fact you put the thougt into the decision you make. Well that is the real gift of Christmas. So keep worrying and trying to Get it right. Cause even if you dont.... and he exchanges it... your the better person. And he is lucky to know people like that.

Thanks TC... That so was nice to hear! Your the third person to put a smile on my face, but the first one to make me a little teared... in a good way!

Guest IndyMedic2006
You are just so sweet. Indymedic~~ Hope to see you when I go to Indianapolis.

Greatness, you let me know when you are coming to Indianapolis, and I would love to meet you for dinner!

Archived