THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Adonis Lounge Party Thurs June 17

Adonis Lounge
This topic is 5157 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

No, Coop, I haven't tried those clubs. As I said before, this is all new to me so I'm still learning. Thanks for the heads up. You're of course right that my perspective is skewed by my own background (shades of Pres. Obama's empathy comments about judges, but I digress). I certainly understand your concerns. Again, as long as this does not replace the regular nights at the Adonis Lounge (and given the dancers' complaints about lack of earning opportunity, I don't think it will be), and as long as regulars are given advanced notice (like we were given this time) I think everyone can be satisfied.

Prior to last Thursday the nights had been kind of slow, so if we can give our host at The Production Lounge a really strong night every now and then (due to alcohol sales and whatever portion of the cover they may take) I think it should be okay and help foster the continued presence of the Adonis Lounge. I don't want the Adonis Lounge to change, but them mixing it up every once in a while, particularly if it can be arranged to coincide on nights when regulars can't/won't come due to simple budgetary or scheduling conflicts, shouldn't be a problem unless we (collectively) allow it to be.

Strafe13, I'm happy you replied and posted about your take on this party. I could see how someone closer in age to the party goers would have a fun time. The loud music, screaming girls, and crowded conditions are something younger people are more comfortable with.

The concern that some of us regular (older) patrons have is that we don't have many clubs to choose from. Many of our favorite places have either closed down or have been shut down by the NYPD. Today, most clubs cater to the younger crowd and don't get started till 11pm. When you get to be my age you'll understand how it feels to be "invisible" at these clubs. It's not a good feeling.

What we liked about the Adonis Lounge is that it opened early, catered to gay older men who enjoy watching young dancers perform and entertain us with their lap dances. We've already agreed that young people don't pay for this type of entertainment, so, the "regulars" support these strip clubs hoping that more will open.

Although you found the "make it rain" party a fun night, it's concerns some of us that this might become the future for this club. What originally attracted me to this club is now changing. Some of my friends who attend travel from NJ, Ct, and upstate NY just to see a male strip show. We've even traveled further just to support this type of entertainment.

I hope you can understand my concerns. For me, it's either the 20 Club, the Adonis Lounge, or traveling out-of-state, while young people can have a blast at so many dance clubs throughout the 5 boroughs of NYC. Btw, have you tried Amalia or Club 57? I think you'll enjoy those clubs, lots of hot young guys dancing, socializing, and hooking up.

Coop

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived