THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Looking into Yoga and Ayurveda

Guest OCBeachbody
This topic is 5321 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest OCBeachbody

Never really really taken yoga, but I familiar with a few basic poses.

Had a question in general, and sense i do trouble abroad I was wonder if anyone knows of a good Ayurveda type massage? From what I been reading up it done with very warm oil and bath? And not a 100% sure but there some Yoga stretching involved too? I am trying to look up info, but there is just some much.

http://www.massagem4m.com/photos/m4m14127_1129094915dRfzMaqT.jpg

http://www.massagem4m.com/Billy

I tried Billy up in San Fran, and I know he does Yoga. We did some stretching, nothing like that up there... but as I said does anyone know of that massage element to it and the Ayurveda part?

I know kinda of a complex question... but thanks for any help.

OCB,

I have had the pleasure three times of ayurveda massage experience, or at least, that was how it was promoted/ offered. All have been at resorts and legit. One was at the Fairmont Banff Spring in Canada, the other at St. Regi in Aspen, Co. They both have spas that offer the full package for this. I always got male therapists. The two places varied a bit, but all involved a warm bath muscle soak for about 20 minutes, out of the tub, wrapped in a big towel sheet, onto a heated massage table, then lots of stretching. It feels a bit like a Thai massage partly, but one where the therapist is stretching you and although they were in shorts and tank tops, damnit, are using their body or you wrapped around their body to stretch you while they are massaging certain muscle groups. They certainly rank up there as the best therapeutic massages I have ever had. All ended with me wrapped in a cocoon, warm wet towels wrapped around my feet and hands and some kind of essential oil dripping from above on my forehead. Not sure what this was for, but it felt good. Afterwards, they recommend "taking to the baths," three sets of mineral pools - fucking freezing, slightly scalding, and gently warm. Hope this helps. Haven't found anywhere else that has offered this local to me. Can be pricey, but having lasted over 2 hours, does feel incredible. Now if only one of the hunky therapists were without clothes........:)

Hope this helps.

RJ

Guest OCBeachbody

Thanks Racket.... I have seen the St. Regis Spa ads which I dying to go to one day. Hopefully we can put something up their again and I can take advantage of that.

Chris... yes he is super awesome and I loved his massages. NOt only a great masseur, but a super nice guy. To bad I am not on the East Coast more often.

I had a "Thai" massage before, but I don't think it is the traditional one that was done on the floor.

On a good note a friend referred me to this site http://www.sanatansociety.org/ayurvedic_massage/ayurvedic_massage_techniques.htm and hopefully I will go check out this place and try it there. Thanks for all your help guys....

yeah a traditional thai massage is on the floor in gym type clothing. I saw a video recently of this yoga instructor By the name of Aaron star that does a tantra type yoga. It was a interesting vid his method was based on real tantra. Tantra can be hard to market and hard to explain. true Tantra doesn't end with a release.

Massage in Thailand

Well, if you really want an experience, go to Bangkok... authentic Thai massage. I have been there three times and have had fantastic massage (legit) in my hotel room, on the floor and bed... I never thought I could be streched so many different ways... I had a different guy each time... all three were gay and recommended to me from a travel agency... but no playing around... they take their work seriously and it was so cheap that I gave them big tips.. all three were university students, and only one of them spoke very good English... British, not American version, and the other two had passable English, but because they were students they asked a lot of questions and wanted to practice their English. I can't wait to go back.

Guest OCBeachbody

Whoops I just realized I forgot to reference which Chris I was talking about early.... Chris in NYC that goes by Yogaholic..... forget some people may not have known who we were talking about :)

http://www.massagem4m.com/ny/new-york-city/male-massage/13148/

http://www.massagem4m.com/yogaholic

Archived