THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

NEEEEDY Clients

Guest WestCoast
This topic is 5363 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest WestCoast

I specialize in the "boyfriend experience", and because of this feel that I attract a lot of needy clients, especially recently and am having trouble dealing with them. Here's what a typical needy client does: a) Calls me 1-2 weeks in advance to book an appointment. b) Calls me every day after (frequently multiple times a day), as well as constantly emailing me to discuss the upcoming call, rehashing details over and over and sometimes trying to engage in phone sex. I strive to remain professional and kind toward my clients at all times but this is pushing my limits. Of course I screen calls, but they will leave messages asking me to call them back. What can I do?

Calls me every day after (frequently multiple times a day), as well as constantly emailing me to discuss the upcoming call, rehashing details over and over and sometimes trying to engage in phone sex.

I confess to being a pathologically needy client myself. But what you describe borders on psychosis. Do many people really behave this way?

Have a well-constructed email ready to go, something like this:

Hi Michael,

I'm very happy that we have arranged to meet next Friday night at 7:00 pm at your hotel. I'm looking forward to meeting you and having a great deal of fun together!

I do receive hundreds of emails each day, as well as dozens of texts and also many telephone calls. I try very hard to communicate carefully with each person but some days it's very difficult simply because of the volume of incoming messages. Consequently, may I please make a simple request?

Now that we have both confirmed our upcoming appointment, it's time to relax and let our imaginations wander about the fun that we are going to have together. But we do want to confirm once again that we will be meeting on next Friday. Consequently, please contact me by text or voice some time next Thursday so we can both re-confirm our appointment.

If you find that you will be unable to make our appointment some time before next Thursday, please call or text me to let me know so we can reschedule. I will do the same if I run into a scheduling problem. Otherwise, I look forward to your voice or text message on next Thursday and to meeting you on Friday.

BG-

A very nice "business-like" message but those who are so inclined to go into "too much" detail might relish the idea of trying to pick it to pieces AND reply numerous times to it. I think KS's short and sweet message is less ambiguous, especially for those who will not take a hint.

Best regards,

KMEM

KS and BG both have given good advice... and it is always a balancing act... would the KS short and sweet version not be not be enough and risk a bit of alienation? Would the BG version be too verbose? I personally think that BG's version would be the more effective of the two as it reiterates and reinforces the point that should be gotten across... and in a clear, non abrupt, "business-like", yet pleasant manner.

As has been discussed in several other threads the scheduling, dealing with various personalities, and how to communicate appropriately is the most difficult aspect of any business. Perhaps in the final analysis experience will dictate which version to use for a given client... but when in doubt I would opt for BG's approach.

Archived