THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Windows Media Center Gone

Lucky
This topic is 5384 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Okay, usually I click on the WMC and it comes up no problem. Now, just the sound comes up along with a black screen. I have no control over the screen, that is, nothing I do brings it to life.

Something new now- I tried to start it, it went black. I logged off and back on, and an ad for a 7 day trial for Napster came up. I still couldn't get rid of it to go to the WMC though.

So Windows itself is NOT frozen? Back to my first question... when you double click on a movie or sound file (in Windows Explorer) does it play? What icon are you clicking to start WMC? (Where is it?)

Alt-Enter should take that thing out of full-screen mode, FWIW. When WMC is blackscreened, does the computer respond to CTRL-ALT-DEL?

What version of Windows is this?

Remember that we can't see through your eyes and what you're seeing is certainly NOT normal so the more details you give the better.

I am able to view videos on the net. I use Firefox. The computer does respond to control, ALT, delete. I am using Windows Vista.

I start WMC by using the menu at the start button, but it is no different when I use the icon on the desktop.

So, I have the box, it says Windows Media Center at the top, and the box is solid black. Right-clicking or left clicking on the box does nothing.

Thanks for your help.

The system is Vista, so the XP decoder wasn't of use. The bottom line is that I don't use the media center rthat much, even though I was planning to build the library. I think I will proceed as if I don't have that feature anymore.

Thanks again for the help.

Archived