THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Update on hotels and apartments in Rio

Axiom2001
This topic is 5378 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

If all goes as intended, my good friend and I plan to be in Rio de janeiro sometime in March or April of 2010. Previously we have stayed primarily at the Hotel Atlantico Copacabana as well as on one occasion at the Royal Rio C. Hotel.

The rates at the former hotel have gone up considerably within the past two years, and the Royal Rio Copacabana Hotel charges a fee if one desires to have a guest.

Our sense currently is to stay in Ipanema and in an apartment instead of at a hotel. What suggestions are there, fellows? Please post all relevant information here, por favor!

Obrigado! -:)

If all goes as intended, my good friend and I plan to be in Rio de janeiro sometime in March or April of 2010. Previously we have stayed primarily at the Hotel Atlantico Copacabana as well as on one occasion at the Royal Rio C. Hotel.

The rates at the former hotel have gone up considerably within the past two years, and the Royal Rio Copacabana Hotel charges a fee if one desires to have a guest.

Our sense currently is to stay in Ipanema and in an apartment instead of at a hotel. What suggestions are there, fellows? Please post all relevant information here, por favor!

Obrigado! -:)

Come on guys, get the brain and those fingers working, por favor! -:) I know there should be updates by this time! -:)

Axiom, I tried looking at apartments offered in Rio through vrbo.com, but I didn't really find anything that knocked my socks off. The apartments are not up to US standards of luxury and don't look all that comfortable. A friend in Rio says that you must definitely have someone check out the apartment for you before renting.

Archived