THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

R.I.P. Providence Strip Clubs?

bighairy
This topic is 5537 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Apparently, poor concept, poor management, and general lack of a clue have caused both of the Providence strip clubs to melt into local dance go-go clubs?

It's a shame. One wouldn't think it would be so hard to run a strip club, (hire only hot men, have reliable performance standards) but attempts in recent years in Providence have proven otherwise....makes one appreciate all the more the huge achievement of the (*sob* how we miss it) Gaiety, and the Montreal clubs.

That would leave only the Xstatic in Springfield as a fully nude club in New England, and believe me, sometimes it's more exciting to watch paint dry...

please confirm

I hope this isn't true. When I was in Providence a couple of months ago the new place--727--looked promising. The owner was looking forward to opening a for-men-only floor in a couple of weeks where the all-nude action could continue. Also, the regulars from the old Trixx/Club XL showed up in full force during the weekends.

So is this report confirmed or just hearsay?

True :(

Unfortunately it is true. I was there this past Friday night, and found the door locked and a sign saying "we're on the move" and to join them at Club Energy at 69 Union Street beginning on August 5th. I did not go to check out the new club yet, but that will happen within the next two weeks. I am still holding out hope that there will be something there for us, but that hope is fragile at best.

You were right about poor management. The old XL had some class to it. The boys even made an effort to put on a show up on stage. Once Scott took over managing the place, and the name changed to Trixx, things started a slide down hill (he had already killed another club in the past). Scott then left, but the damage was done. The name change to 2xcess Male Zone, and new management were not enough to bring it back.

As for Xstatic, I have not been there in about a year so I can't speak to how it is now. I stopped going after some of my favorite dancers left, and they had changed management. May try going back this coming weekend. Time will tell.

Archived