THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Other Hot Spots in Brazil for Culture and Fun?

Axiom2001
This topic is 5493 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

As most of you regular readers are aware, I've been fortunate enough to have traveled to Brazil on seven occasions in six years. During that time I've experienced different facets of culture as well as a variety of its male component although I have not posted in-depth about either. Most of my initial postings came during the time this board and forum was posted with a lot of encouraging and fun information from a lot of readers/writers/travelers.

Now I'm making future plans and would like to know cities and perhaps towns which you've suggest for what's desired in the title.

I've been to Rio, Salvador (Bahia), Curitiba, Sao Paulo, the Amazon (Manaus), and to some of the smaller but distinct and quaint historical colonial towns.

Let your suggestions flow freely! -:)

Guest EuropTravl

I'm a beach person:

Porto de Galinhas - very cool hotel, a hour or two drive from Recife (http://www.nannai.com.br/)

Jericoacoara - a half-days drive from Fortaleeza to "Jeri" - one of the worlds most famous beaches for windsurfers and white sand dunes, aqua water that you can walk out into for miles and the water is still only up to you knees. Wind wind wind. Stay at The Blue Mosquito. All the town stores/restaurants have no flooring, just sand.

Fernando de Naronha - a must visit and worth the trouble to get there - stayed at Pousada ZeMaria (so did Matt Dillon at the time). At least 15 private beaches - one you had to drive the dune buggy to a cliff overlooking the beach and go down in a tunnel built into the cliffs to you own private beach that had towering rocks a couple yards out that the waves just boomed into. I went scuba there (be careful if a novice - you WORK underwater there believe me)

Not as money draining as it sounds. No more than similar for a stay in a good hotel in Miami, LA or NYC. Of course I have a good buddy down there who accompanied me on these outings.

Archived