THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Bathhouse and Sauna???

Guest OCBeachbody
This topic is 5625 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest OCBeachbody

I been going over a debate with a friend and wanted some advice from the community here. I say a bathhouse and Sauna are not the same thing.

Technically speaking a Sauna is a place with a dry or wet steam room, and may have a pool to cool off. It is more health club oriented type.

Bathhouse has jacuzzi, showers, steam rooms, mineral baths, pools, and seems to be a place were you would go to hook up?

So what is your opinion of this fellas?

Location. Location. Location.

Sex is Sex! (ave Gertrude Stein!)

The old St Mark's Baths in New York had all the attributes you ascribe to a sauna and the Steamworks in Seattle may have them too.

In English speaking countries, these facilities are usually referred to as baths or bathhouses. In countries speaking a romance language, sauna may be the more appropriate term although in Rio they're Termas. I'm heading to Rio in July to make a more thorough investigation of any differences.

Guest OCBeachbody

Thanks. Everyone has like a different point of view on this. Have a great trip to brazil!

I been going over a debate with a friend and wanted some advice from the community here. I say a bathhouse and Sauna are not the same thing.

Technically speaking a Sauna is a place with a dry or wet steam room, and may have a pool to cool off. It is more health club oriented type.

Bathhouse has jacuzzi, showers, steam rooms, mineral baths, pools, and seems to be a place were you would go to hook up?

So what is your opinion of this fellas?

The only saunas that I go to now are in Brazil. Most have what you cited. In the 70s and 80s when I would go to bath houses in this country as well as in Europe-- the amenities would be the same as what you cited are available at a sauna, so I'll just say-- depending on where you are-- just use the two terms INTERCHANGEABLY for this TYPE of venue.

Archived