THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

London location that's convenient for clients?

jasoncarter_dfw
This topic is 5608 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hey guys! I've found myself getting to London in June, and I know that I will have 3 days available to see clients (June 8-11) during that visit. What neighborhood would be good for a hotel that's convenient for clients to get to? I'm a hotwire/priceline junkie...so if you could just shoot me a general area description like what they use on those sites, that would be great! Thanks so much guys! :)

Guest wankerboi

Knowing little about which hotels you might choose, I can only say for location : -

- be convenient for the Tube (underground train)

- Post (zip) code area W2 (Bayswater, Paddington, Marlyebone), W1 (Mayfair, Soho), WC1 (Bloomsbury), WC2 (Strand, Holborn), SW1 (St James’, Westminster, Victoria, Pimlico), SW7 (South Kensington), SW5 (Earls Court), SW10 (Chelsea), SW3 (Brompton): these are all “West End” and within a total area of about 4 miles by 3.

There are other areas that would be ok too, but those are amongst the most convenient. Maybe look at http://www.multimap.com/ - which also shows London Underground (Tube) stations. (marked as red circles enclosing an inner white circle with a blue bar across).

Another way of deciding on an area is to look at a map of the London Underground. Basically, anywhere within the Circle Line (the yellow line) is more or less ok. I would avoid anywhere too far East because that takes you into the City (the financial district) which can be dead at weekends and in the evenings. Basically, the areas mentioned by the previous poster are the ones to aim for but you really do have to make sure you stay within the Central zone.

Just one other thought. If you are using Priceline's mystery deals, you might like to give a little thought about the specific hotel that might be offered. Many London hotels tend to be smaller than those in big US cities. I don't know how many clients you intend to see and how much coming and going there will be, but you might prefer one of the bigger hotels since they are rather more anonymous. Since you are a Priceline junkie, you probably already use http://www.betterbidding.com which lists some of the likely hotels and might help.

Earls Court is a good neighborhood if you are going to get around on the underground, because there are several lines that meet at the tube stop, but don't forget that it stops running around midnight, and you will need to use the night buses. When I lived there many years ago, Earls Court was the heart of the bar scene, but now the pubs and late night clubs are scattered all over London, from Hounslow to Hackney, and if you get a client in Camden Town and then want to go out to a party in Mile End, you really need a car, or enough money for a taxi.

London locations

A very central location in London that I like is Marble Arch.

A great accommodation in that area is the

The Cumberland hotel

Great Cumberland Place,

Marble Arch,

London,

W1A 4RF

http://www.guoman.com/the-cumberland

just a few steps from the Marble Arch tube station, Oxford Street and Hyde Park. I've stayed there and can highly recommended it.

From a client's point of view, a hotel like The Cumberland is a good choice. By London standards, it is pretty large and it is easy to meet in the lobby and feel quite anonymous.

Personally, I would much prefer this to one of the upmarket boutique-type hotels where there might be very few people around - all of whom stare at you and your date.

From a client's point of view, a hotel like The Cumberland is a good choice. By London standards, it is pretty large and it is easy to meet in the lobby and feel quite anonymous.

Personally, I would much prefer this to one of the upmarket boutique-type hotels where there might be very few people around - all of whom stare at you and your date.

Well the place I booked is http://www.think-apartments.com The Earls Court location.

Archived