THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Porto Alegre, Brazil

azhiker
This topic is 5467 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I vacationed in Buenos Aires for New Years and spent a few days afterward recovering in Rio before returning to the US and getting laid off. My work involves constant travel setting up factories, most recently in Taiwan for six months where there isn’t much in the way of saunas, but the boys there are very Internet savvy and free.

I have found new work quickly and ironically it’s here in Porto Alegre, Brazil that is south of Florianopolis and near the border with Uruguay. There is not the scenery or beach like Rio but the one spa I have been to has been much better than any sauna in Rio. The spa is called Mezaninu and is at Rua Sao Salvador, 108 near the Bourbon on Av. Assis Brasil Tel is 51 3273 7776. http://www.mezzaninu.net/sauna It’s fairly new and owned by an ex-pat named Roy who speaks English and will welcome you very warmly. The bois are very handsome, not overly aggressive, and very fun in the cabines! Prices are similar to Rio, expect to pay 70R for top-notch service, and I have had others for between 20 and 60R. The guys are more versatile here than Rio. I have been there 5 times in the past 2 weeks and enjoyed every time. Cabines are very clean and about 20R. Entry is 20R. There is a public shower area in the same room as the bar and stage that is popular for clients and the garatos to use. The main bar area is nicely done with a 2 story bottle display and an upstairs balcony that is fun for cruising. The food is great with some dinner nights for free. There are event nights with shows or bingo or live sex shows. All in all, I recommend this spa highly to anyone venturing to this part of Brazil.

There are other spas here, notably Platforma that I have not been to yet. A little about me, early 50’s, good shape and speak some Portuguese. First time to this city which has a more relaxed feel than Rio. I'll visit Florianopolis and report on that city soon. In the meantime, I am working on getting a longer contract here. Weather is very pleasant here and beats Phoenix summers.

Hi Azhiker- Unfortunately, when I have gone to Brazil, I split my time between Sao Paulo and Rio. There is so much more there that I never explored. Actually, I went to Salvador one year. It was an interesting town because it was one of the first ports that the Portuguese founded but it was sooooo hot, I thought I would die.

How did you like Buenos Aires? I have never been.

Guest zipperzone
I

There is a public shower area in the same room as the bar and stage that is popular for clients and the garatos to use.

I'll just bet it is - probably worth the price of admission. Too bad the idea hasn't caught on up here.

I agree with that comment, what is so cool about the shower is the clear glass partition between the main bar that is kept squeaky clean. There is a steam room and sauna adjacent.

Buenos Aires was OK, very late night parties, no spas or beaches like Brazil. Did in-calls with some guys from Soytuyo who were fun. Prices were higher ranging from 70 to 100 US$ depending on distance they traveled. Trip was last minute and would have used local guide mentioned elsewhere on this board but he was on holiday. Stayed at one gay hotel called the Axel. Industrial high-tech designed rooms with a good Sunday afternoon beer bust that was very popular, lots of Americans were there to my surprise. Only stayed there the one night, rest of time was burning off points. It's helpful to have some Spanish speaking abilities to really enjoy yourself.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi Azhiker- Unfortunately, when I have gone to Brazil, I split my time between Sao Paulo and Rio. There is so much more there that I never explored. Actually, I went to Salvador one year. It was an interesting town because it was one of the first ports that the Portuguese founded but it was sooooo hot, I thought I would die.

How did you like Buenos Aires? I have never been.

You'll love Buenos Aires! I've been there three times during 2005-2007 and really hope to return this October 2009. Although there are no saunas with guys for pay-- you'll find the hot guys at two dynamic websites, advertising independently: http://www.soytuyo.com and http://www.ratonesonline.com. http://www.gaytravelargentina.com is also a great source for additional information.

If you're interested and would like additional (specific information)--email me privately, por favor!

Guest dreynsol

Buenos Aires

Buenos Aires was OK, very late night parties, no spas or beaches like Brazil. Did in-calls with some guys from Soytuyo who were fun. Prices were higher ranging from 70 to 100 US$ depending on distance they traveled. Trip was last minute and would have used local guide mentioned elsewhere on this board but he was on holiday. .

Ahhhh AZhiker, you fell into the same trap that I did during my first visit to Buenos Aires. There's no comparison to Brazil, and I'm probably the biggest proponent for visiting Brazil, but during my last trip, I have to say it grew on me.

You stayed way out at the Axel, you should have had a better travel agent :) But, I did the same as well for one night. It's a very stylish hotel, but also overpriced and away from the action.

It's definitely a harder nut to crack than Brazil, but I met someone while I was down there that showed me the ropes.

He took me to the "House of Boyz" which he informed me are open 24 hours a day, and it was quite an experience. With the exchange rate in Argentina the way it is, it was more like US$ 30

I'll be posting some more about it this weekend. AZhiker, you should already be able to access it with your free membership to both sites, but if anyone else would like a free membership to our sites from here, please let me know. info@gaytravelargentina.com

It's had a slow start due to mostly my fault, but we have a new guide that opened my eyes to Buenos Aires. His name is Augusto and he's very cute.

Buenos Aires can be a lot of fun.

- Drey

• 1 month later...

Archived