THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Perhaps I should create a new rule...

Guy Fawkes
This topic is 5675 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest bernardff

Inciting

I'm thinking about putting in a new rule. So how much of a time-out should someone get for egging another user to break the rules?

Aren't we all over 18?

As soon as i say that i'm reminded of so many nasty, hatefiled posts...

So ,give it a trial daddy,what harm can come of it?

[

Guest bernardff
Is this for real? I feel I should send him some flowers and a get well card.

Now, this sort of thing ,I would agree, deserves a censure.

Nasty

Insightless

Antigay

I'm thinking about putting in a new rule. So how much of a time-out should someone get for egging another user to break the rules?

Hooboy made me rewrite this... He got the message to me in the strangest manner...

If there's proof positive of it, I'd say issue a warning directly to the egger first and then give them a 30 day suspension if they continue on despite the warning.

Judge Nickie

Will this 30 day sentence be at hard labor? Will the accused be entitled to the right to counsel, to be silent, to know his accusers, and have a fair trial before a jury of his peers? I didn't think so! Case closed!

Wisom of The Ages

Judge Judy is shaking tonight. She may have met her match with the Solomon from Seattle!

The biblical King Solomon was known for his wisdom, his wealth and his writings. He became ruler in approximately 967 B.C.E. (about the same time as Daddy) and his kingdom extended from the Euphrates River in the north to Egypt in the south. His crowning achievement was the building of the Holy Website in Seattle. Almost all knowledge of him is derived from the biblical books of Kings I and the Forums.

Solomon was the son of King David Eight Inchtool and Bathsheba of Hooville. Solomon was not the oldest son of David, but David promised Bathsheba that Solomon would be the next king. When David’s elder son Adeejah declared himself king, David ordered his servants to bring Solomon to the Seattledome where the priest anointed him while David was still alive. Solomon inherited a considerable website from his father. (abridged)

Guest zipperzone

Hooboy made me rewrite this... He got the message to me in the strangest manner...

I think there could be a problem in determining exactly what qualifies as "egging".

Some people would consider disagreeing with a poster to be "egging".

How would you clarify the term?

Egging on!

Totally agree with Daddy on this. I'm thinking sometimes when the CHAT around here slows down, there are those that start scraping for conversation.

I also notice what seems to me to be "set-ups" between people! :D

We're not all as "gullable" as perceived! So sometimes it is quite Entertaining! ;)

"Egging On" I'm wondering IF anyone knows where that expression came from?

a virtual flogging

Will it include a virtual stockade? Or maybe posting their avatar on main page w/ a dunce hat. :p

Egg on...

"Egging On" I'm wondering IF anyone knows where that expression came from?

From "The Phrase Finder"... probably more information than is needed... but still quite informative. Hopefully this will sufficiently answer JT's inquiry.

This little term has nothing to do with bird's eggs. Nor is it connected with the phrase that employs the other common usage of 'egg' as a verb, i.e. 'over-egg the pudding'. The 'egg' of 'egg on' is a straightforward variant of 'edge', so to 'egg someone on' is to edge, or urge, them forward. Egg and edge both have the look and feel of Viking words and this first impressions turns out to be correct, as they both derive from the Old Norse 'eddja'.

Did anyone congratulate JT...oops, Brooklyn Guy on his 100th post? And how better to do it than to say "I totally agree with Daddy"

Damn!! :eek: Someone did say JT..OOPS:D "Brooklyn Guy" would be right back up there Post Wise!

It's great to see that many have returned to DADDYS New Site! :)

For "those" who are not exactly over joyed about JT BKLYN'S RETURN... Ya know who YOU are..."Dems Da Breaks" ..

Archived