THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Sheraton Rio and Point 202

This topic is 7634 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Hi ,

I will be going to Rio in January as I am on a cruise. I will be staying at the Sheraton Rio as part of the cruise package. Is this close to anything ? I wanted to try Point 202. ( I think that is the name ) Can the people at Point 202 get me a taxi back to the Sheraton ? Is it o.k. to go there alone . I am not too savvy about this and am a little apprehensive about going. Any help would be appreciated. I have been reading these posts and trying to learn.

Thanks !:-)

You'll do better asking this kind of question in the main part of the forum. We're using the FAQ to list useful info.

Anyway, the Sheraton is at the very far end of Leblon, next to a spectacularly large slum (Vidigal). So you'll get the full Rio experience.

The hotel itself is luxurious and has spectacular ocean views, as well as a virtually private beach. It's not well located, though, for much of anything. You'll need to take cabs.

There won't be any problem taking a cab to Point 202, Estação, or any other of the saunas, or returning home from them. Just copy or print out the following addresses and show them to the cab driver. When you're going home, just tell the cab driver you want to go to the Sheraton (there are ZILLIONS of cabs in Rio, you won't have a problem finding one day or night, unless it's pouring rain, of course).

For Point 202 show the driver this:

r. Siqueira Campos, 202

(quase esq. Min. Alfredo Valadão)

É um casarão com um paredão branco no lado isquerdo.

For Estação:

Esquina da Figueireido Magalhães com Toneleros.

(This last one is the corner where the sauna is located. Just look for the sauna entrance a few doors from the corner, on Toneleros facing the entrance to the Metro station.)

For Club 117:

r. Cândido Mendes, 117

Glória

Now forget your apprehensions, have a great cruise and a fabulous visit!

Archived