THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Happy Tap, Windsor Ontario

tazmanian5230
This topic is 6093 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I was there a couple of months ago. not as good as it was back in the old days. They do have a private area where you can be more hands on... It was not crowded at all that night but they had only been reopened for a couple of months. Not sure if the crowds are larger now. Smaller crowd means more time for me... Cute young waiter that I hear now dances and does privates... I wish he did that when I was there.

>I was there a couple of months ago. not as good as it was

>back in the old days. They do have a private area where you

>can be more hands on... It was not crowded at all that night

>but they had only been reopened for a couple of months. Not

>sure if the crowds are larger now. Smaller crowd means more

>time for me... Cute young waiter that I hear now dances and

>does privates... I wish he did that when I was there.

The TAP has been open since June 6, 2007. That's almost 8 months.

Saturday I would say is the best day to go, but you have to wonder how they can actually stay in business considering the poor attendance by customers, and total lack of quality dancers.

Andrew the twink "waiter" moved back to Toronto. He considers himself "straight" and, to be perfectly honest, his private dances were extremly disappointing.

I've spent about $1,000 (at $20 per dance). It was 100% "no-touch" with him.

I cant believe how stupid I was investing money for THAT experience, especially compared to Montreal's almost full contact at $10.

The Tap is planning (over the years) to renovate and re-open the lower-level basement and turn it into the new vip room (like it was with the old Happy Tapp). Currently, the VIP is located upstairs with private curtains, but it's a whopping $20 per 3-minute song/dance for "no-touch" dances.

Coke/Pepsi is an insane $5, and the cover is $5 (which they havent been charging since Fall, but will likely start again this Spring).

You can add $8 if you're crossing the border, and $15 for gas.

Just to go there cost me $33 before I even consider spending money on dancers.

The Tap might turn the current stage, on the main level, into a dance floor to attract twinks and the college crowd.

Tuesdays are $10 vip, and "amateur night" is wednesday.

It's smoke-free like Montreal, which is nice; however, the quality of lap dances, and the total experience, isnt worth the price (at this point).

Hopefully by summer they will improve. They must.

The other gay club closed (the wellington). The only gay clubs in windsor are The Tap and Club 783.

In my opinion, nothing compares to Taboo at $10 per dance, with reasonable drink prices, FREE cover, smoke-free environment, and tons of skinny white twinks 18-20 ready to chose from for hotel visits.

The Tap totally could become like Taboo in montreal; however, the windsor/detroit economy is horrible. Contrast it to the booming condo market in montreal with the HIGHEST unemployment rate in Michigan (detroit.windsor)

The Tap in Windsor has a couple websites:

http://www.thetapwindsor.com

http://myspace.com/thetapinwindsor

I found the club to be almost empty when I was there on a Saturday evening. I agree, I have no idea how they will stay open with so few people coming in. The old club was ALWAYS full on the weekends, both in the bar and the strip club downstairs. Where did all these guys go???

I had a better time in the private vip area with one of the guys than you reported. It was full on touch with extra oral benefits... Because it was a slow night we agreed to 1/2 price for the dance. I enjoyed the VIP dance!

I've not been to Montreal but have wanted to make the trip for awhile.

True.

As with any club, it all depends on the individual dancer.

Since my dancer was "str8" it really limited my experience; however, I know A LOT of "str8" dancers who give great VIP dances.

I'm only into skinny white boyish twinks. Most of the dancers at the Tap were "muscle" or "ordinary" looking in my opinion.

I've only been in the VIP room with one dancer. I'm sure I would have an excellent experience with a GAY twink dancer.

With Andrew, I basically had to beg to take him to the VIP. His job description was the club waiter.

Anyway, it's always best to have the dancer be just as enthusiastic as me to go to the VIP room.

A lesson learned on my part.

Guest zipperzone

What with the recession and the even worse economic climate in Detroit (where most of their customers come from) I am not overly hopeful that this bar will see a resurgance any time soon. And if they can't make enough to pay the rent, you know what that means.

Too bad they can't find some way to lower prices, hire hot talent and give their customers a real incentive to drop by. They need a "hook". Anyone want a job as their marketing manager?

I drove to Canada to visit "The Tap" tonight. I arrived at 12:30am and it was CLOSED!

Usually good strip clubs are packed at 12:30am.

There was a little note on the door that said "Winter Hours open Tues-Sat 4pm-2am".

There also was a "bilboard" on the front of the building that said "Open 7 Days a Week".

Needless-to-say, it was very disappointing to drive all that way and spend all that gas money and border fees to find it CLOSED. I basically wasted my entire Wednesday night.

Another buddy of mine said he was there a couple weeks ago on a Thursday around 12:30am and it CLOSED as well.

I e-mailed them at the address listed on their website last week and did not receive a response.

"I e-mailed them at the address listed on their website last week and did not receive a response."

Does their website also have a phone number? Why would you drive all that way not knowing for certain if the Club would be opened? Your "buddy" had already told you he found it closed at 12:30am... IMO, by simply calling ahead, you would have saved yourself a lot of time and money.

Archived