THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

The Gaiety Gets a Wikipedia Article

J-Man
This topic is 6283 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest zipperzone

This post reminded me that it has been a long time since there was any talk here about the possible reopening of The Gaiety.

Any news on that front - - or is it totally and forever dead?

Zip..As we say in Brooklyn..IF it "hasn't" happened, It probably ain't gonna happen!

Those were the days my friend..We thought they'd NEVER end!

You have no idea how long I have been waiting to STEAL that line!

BUT then again..Never Say Never! LOL

:p :P : :p

• 1 month later...

When is someone going to write a book about this place?

Clearly there would be a market for it and other similar places with history have been give similar tribute.

Thought of this when I came across an article on this book about a Chicago brothel run by sisters.

http://www.sininthesecondcity.com/

Perhaps the Gaiety is too recent to get such treatment? Better that someone who patronized the place write the piece than have someone have to try to piece it together in the future.

It really was an experience like no other, that just doesnt exist anywhere else.

Guest zipperzone

>When is someone going to write a book about this place?

Well let's hope if someone does, that it's not some straight journalist (and it probably would be a female) who really hasn't got a clue about the true nature of such a magical place.

Archived