THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

WOMEN AT STRIP CLUBS--HOW DO YOU FEEL?

Regina
This topic is 7130 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Last night I went to a club in NYC on the lower east side, The Boy's Room, which usually has hot dancers, hot bartenders, a DJ and a good crowd. When I got there, there were aboud 6-8 women, from the fat latina and her hot friend to the very slender asian who slept in a chair all evening.

I like girls as friends; many of my friends are girls; I enjoy their company while watching men while sitting an outdoor cafe. I do not, however, enjoy getting lap dances with girls screaming all around. Last night, the most annoying thing was the majority of the dancers were getting grabbed by these girls. They (the dancers) would come to the guys for free drinks or to complain that none of the women would tip but then when you'd look for them, there were getting worked over by the dancers! More women hooked up in the bathroom with dancers than the male patrons, the lap dance area was filled with guys waiting for dancers AND women climbing all over the dancers.

I probably won't be going back to the Boy's Room on Monday nights, which is too bad because it used to be a lot of fun! Am I alone in this? Just curious.

RE: Women at Strip Clubs

My position is that while women are an important factor in my life, when I go to see guys strip I prefer to have it a male event. There are strip shows for women already. I don't go to those.

a friend of mine who lives in another state says that a local bar will have strippers their every weekend. He also says that there is a drag show that happens and the hostess of the drag show will introduce each stripper. He has said that on occasion when their are female patrons in the bar who are groping the strippers but not tipping, the drag show hostess will yell out that "the boys are not here to be groped for free. You want a feel-whip out a tip" and then will say something rude about their makeup or hair to drive the point home. He said that half of the time the women either get up and leave or that they will start tipping.

Maybe all male strip clubs need the drag announcer to remind female patrons to tip.

There have been Male Strip Joints in NYC, Even in some Outer Boros, whose Policy was to "NOT LET GUYS" in. Basically it was explained to me, that the Women would feel less inhibited and have a better time with NO Strange men, watching there reactions to Dancers.OR Probably so the Boyfriends or Husbands wouldn't find out! The "NO WOMEN" Policy, just as a "NO MEN" Policy, certainly isn't going to lead to alot of lost revenue. These places "lose more money" by turning the Place CO-ED! ALSO ALOT of these guys are Big Egos, and DONOT want to even appear Gay,so they tend to play to the Women in the Audience..."Mr Romance" has a well known Stripper, who is ALL "SOLOSEXUAL", But plays to the WOMEN in the Crowd even if there is only one around..LOL :+ :+ :+

I loathe women who go to gay bars, let alone gay strip clubs; it just ruins the atmosphere of the club for me.

They can visit any of the countless straight clubs or any of the many women-targeted male strip clubs (most of which, I suspect we would not be welcome in) if they want to let their hair down.

...Hoover

p.s. I am NOT BITTER, damnit! :)

At the Gay 90's in Minneapolis, the club is basically a straight crowd with a gay friendly atmosphere. There are dancers in the main room on a stage and most of the attention are from the women. In the back there is a room called the "Men's Room". To get to it, you have to go through the men's restroom. Here no women are allowed and the dancers are there exclusivly for the men. Works out pretty well.

I don't have a problem with a single woman with her gay friend(S) coming to a strip show in a bar if she is discrete and respectful of the environment she is in. I do have a problem with women in a wedding party coming in a monopolizing the best seats in the place for watching dancers and then demanding all their attention. This happens every so often at a the Brass Rail bar. Most of the straight dancers give them a lot of attention, but the straight dancers who don't are given the most tips from the male patrons. One straight dancer in particular will actually ignore the ladies and only approach the male customers. He makes the most tips and is by far the most popular dancer because he respects the men in the club.

The worst is when dancers bring their girlfriends into the bar. They just stare at any guy tipping their boyfriend. If I'm bold enough, I start tipping the guy and stare right back at his girlfriend as he gives me a lap dance. What do I care if she's pissed. Why did she come at all?

Guest zipperzone

>Not that you want to, but if you tried to visit the male

>strip clubs targeted to women, you would likely be refused

>entry.

You're right and it really pisses me off. Can you imagine the hue and cry that would result if women were refused entry to "our" strip clubs? They would probably try and sue the club management!

I don't mind the presence of some women at a chat-and-cruise bar or at a dance club. I am not at all comfortable with their presence at action bars that have back rooms, or in strip clubs aimed at a gay male audience. Maybe it's because I'm a Kinsey 6, but it's a turn-off for me to have women watching my sexual activity.

By the way, in a lot of jurisdictions those "women only" strip clubs probably do violate civil rights laws. If nobody challenges them, though, they can keep on doing business as is. It doesn't bother me that there are such places, but it does bother me when women then come to OUR places.

There was a story in the news in NYC recently about some drag queen who was going to sue Splash (SBNY) because it was a men only night and they wouldn't let her in. PLEEEEEZE!!! Why didn't she try to get into one of NYC's leather bars?

My experience on Monday night at the Boy's Room really pissed me off because all these women were brought by some tired queen. Although one or two were pretty cool (one sleeping in a big chair by the door) the rest were rather husky women who kept screaming like they had never seen dick before! Also, this toothless guy collecting money at the front door and one of his thug friends kept trying to hit on these women outside, and really loudly too, and inside many of the dancers (one of the twins, Joelle or Carlos, can never remember which one is straight and which one is gay) was taking them into the bathroom and screwing them.

It's a gay club, it was a gay night. If I wanted to see pussy I would be straight!

I like the way Cupid's in WPB and formerly Miami handled this issue. A female could only come when accompanied by a male. If 2 ladies wanted go to to Cupids they had to find 2 guys to accompany them. This has helped keep out bachelorette parties, etc. There will be an occasional woman there but their admittance policy keeps them to a minimum and I haven't seen many women staying around very long or making much of a scene. They also used to have "no women allowed" nights. Not sure if that policy still exists or not.

Archived