THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Fort Lauderdale update

newatthis
This topic is 7188 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I had a chance to update my initial impressions of the Fort Lauderdale clubs this past week under the guidance of Karl-G, who agreed to meet me at Boardwalk to assist with my orientation. My meet up with him was reminiscent of a similar experience with Firecat in Montreal. I made several circuits of the bar with his self-description in hand, finally spotting someone who matched many of the emailed criteria. But it was impossible to check whether this person was wearing dark grey shorts because of the cute twink obscuring his lap -- I should have known that was the best criterion of all.

Karl-G is a fount of information. As MC readers know, he can instantly commit to memory the names of a roomful of dancers and all pertinent information about them (roommates, sexual preferences, what they’ll do in a lap dance, whether they do privates and how much they charge for them, …). He’s interesting to talk to in other ways as well. I was able to repay some of his kindness by reintroducing him to Torpedo (there’s a separate post on this).

I had a much better time at Boardwalk than on my first visit. There were more dancers, and more of them were to my taste. Among the outstanding twinks were Cameron and his roommate Raven. I also finally got to spend some time with Indianapolis twink Kyler. A bright spot was being asked by a dancer to buy him a coke on towel night and then being allowed to fondle his very hard dick under the towel while he drank.

The only unpleasant note was the number of dancers who immediately tried to promote lap dances (even though I was tipping them, per local custom, for their time). Since the privacy and monitoring in their lap dance room is even worse than Taboo’s, my standard reply was that I didn’t do lap dances at Boardwalk because I hated the back room. This came back to haunt me when I succumbed and did a lap dance with someone. Within half an hour, several of the dancers whom I had refused came over to complain that they had seen me in the back!

The dancer who finally lured me to the back was a South American called “Franco” who kept rubbing against me so provocatively, caressing me so affectionately, smiling at me so brilliantly, and touting his ability to keep the monitor at bay so insistently, that I gave in. His price was reasonable, and, given the limitations of the room, he did not disappoint. Perhaps what I liked best about him was his line of ardent Latin American flattery to go along with a real (or very well-faked!) enjoyment of sex.

Perhaps my most interesting experience was not very sexual at all. I was very taken by a handsome, muscled, but reasonably sized kid from Seattle called “Jake”, who has been dancing in clubs around the country for the past 16 months. He was one of those who remonstrated with me after my lap dance with Franco. During the ensuing bargaining we reached an impasse over the price of a lap dance, and he agreed to my suggestion that I’d pay the higher figure only if he was really good in the back room.

He wasn’t much good in the back, and he knew it – when we finished he said “I guess I get the lower amount”. But he was fascinating and witty. On his last night before moving on to New Orleans, he came over and struck up a conversation. It was then I realized that although he’s one of the more provocative dancers on stage (he actually dropped his g-string and danced with only a sock on his cock until the manager came over and told him to stop), and flirted well at the bar (“Your name is xxx? That’s a really hot name. I guess I feel that way because I’ve had sex with a lot of guys named xxx.”) he was just too all-American and wholesome, even when describing some outrageous sexual experience. Add to that a good mind and a remarkable ironic self-awareness, and he just couldn’t be very sexy in private. On that last night in town, he did a really funny send-up of go-go dancers while he was on the back stage. I, at least, was in stitches. He was equally funny in parodying the typical conversation between dancers and clients.

>I'm curious as to what the "reasonable" price for a lap dance

>might be at Broadwalk or some of the other places in Ft.

>Lauderdale. Thanks for any insights.

I would defer to Karl-G on this topic. Here's what I can say based on my very limited experience. It's harder than in Montreal because there are several variables to be negotiated -- how long (the unit of measurement is typically "songs", but one or two dancers used "minutes"), what will be permitted (not much to negotiate at Boardwalk given the setup; more leeway at Torpedo), and the price.

At Boardwalk they tell you the basic fee is $20 of which $5 goes to the DJ and ask for more; $20-30 seems like the right range. At Torpedo the numbers were all over the place: the basic fee seems to be $20 but most expect and get more. Some quoted $20 for essentially nothing and promised the moon for $60, but I never bit on an offer like that. I've found it better to try to get a general idea how forthcoming a dancer will be based on general attitude and demeanor; often more will be allowed than they're willing to acknowledge explicitly up front. My most memorable dance at Torpedo was actually negotiated on the fly: "for another $10, I'll do this; for another $10 I'll do that" kind of thing. But it's hard to keep a cool head under those circumstances!

First of all, thanks to newatthis for being such a congenial bar hopping companion. We had a good time, and we happened to like the same type of dancer, which made things even nicer.

In regard to rates for lap dances, new is quite right. $20 is minimum and gets you generally no touching, just having a dancer perform very close to your nose for one or two songs. For $25 or $30 you can get something more, although as new reminds, opportunities are limited at Boardwalk by the dj who is only a few feet away in the lap dance alcove. The dancers cannot get naked, by law. But many customers enjoy having a nearly naked pretty boy sit on their laps while they caress him and talk to him in a little privacy.

Actually, much can be enjoyed out at the bar for $1 tips. When two customers are together and you get a dancer between you, a lot can be done, fore and aft. The dancers like it because they make more money, and new and I certainly did. Cameron was delightful to play with, and after a while he switched around so we could each do whatever we wanted. Jake was equally obliging and great fun, with a great body; he was nice to talk with as well. Alex is cute as can be and knows how to satisfy two customers at once. And several others we played with.

Thanks again, newatthis.

Archived