THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Gaiety website

baltimore observer
This topic is 7210 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

>

>I suspect we're going to find out eventually that Ace's

>"client" is not Denise, but a third party who's trying to

>pitch the idea to her with the help of an established

>professional. The motivation may be as much personal/erotic as

>it's entrepreneurial (think Sansy, for instance), but

>whoever's behind it, I doubt very much that the idea began

>with Denise herself. She may have agreed to "consider"

>whatever proposal Ace and his client come up with, but I'm

>virtually certain she won't go along with it.

HED4STR8 HAS HIS HEAD ON STR8 !

BOZO SUSPECTS HED4STR8'S SPECULATION ON THE WHO AND WHY BEHIND THE PUSH FOR A GAIETY WEBSITE IS REMARKABLY ACCURATE.

BOZO :+ :+

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, what DID happen to them?

Theater-goers of my generation look back fondly on the good old days, nearly fifty years ago, when New York still boasted half-a dozen dailies--morning AND evening papers--offering an amazing array of opinion on every show that played the Great White Way--in-depth reviews that were typewritten, type-set, printed and delivered the very day after the opening night.

Seems to me we could have a return to our own "good old days" if only Bozo and NYObserver could be coaxed out of retirement to join Cooper & Co. in giving us their stimulating (and oft-divergent) dish on the Gaiety scene on a regular basis.

But returning to the real topic of this thread, I hope everyone will read what 'No Judgements'--a frequent and respected poster at Muscle Service--has to say about the Gaiety website proposal. His candid and dead-on comments to Ace only add to the impression that this project is pretty nearly D.O.A.

I think the idea is great, but I won't join. All the information anyone needs to know about the Gaiety can be found right here on HooBoy's site.

Kudos to HooBoy for providing us with this excellent forum and to all those dedicated members who contribute their insights on the Gaiety each week. This is the 1st place I look for Gaiety information. Hope you guys stick around for '05.

Best compliment you guys can receive is that the other websites come here to cut and paste your information. The Yahoo group leader doesn't go to the Gaiety to see the lineup, he just comes here. Keep up the great work.

>But returning to the real topic of this thread, I hope

>everyone will read what 'No Judgements'--a frequent and

>respected poster at Muscle Service--has to say about the

>Gaiety website proposal. His candid and dead-on comments to

>Ace only add to the impression that this project is pretty

>nearly D.O.A.

It seems the entire thread has been deleted on Muscle Service. Hed, can you briefly recant what NJ had to say.

This whole thing was fishy to begin with.

FYI to everyone: this is the email you would have received if you wanted to participate in the questionnaire.

---

Thanks for participating in this project. Please return your answers to this

questionnaire and any other comments you have on the project no later than

January 4. Include with your response which website you would like a free

week on and your preferred user name and password for that membership. If

you have any questions, please email me at webmaster@muscleservice.com

Ace

The sites you can choose from for a free week are:

http://www.MuscleService.com

http://www.BuiltBears.com

http://www.XcoMedia.com

http://www.BigRoger.com

http://www.BigPJ.com

http://www.JoeyJordan.com

http://www.BigBeefXXX.com

http://www.CaesarWorld.com

---------------------------

Description of Site:

The main page of the site is designed to provide general information about

the Gaiety and the Gaiety site, along with links to the join page and the

members section. Each week, a welcome video clip from a featured performer

appearing at the Gaiety that week will be shown on this main page. All other

site content will require a membership to the site. That site content will

include:

a.. A listing with current photo of the current week's performers

b.. Video clips of each performer performing (non-nude) from Monday of the

current week

c.. A video clip of one performer from that week performing nude, shot on

Monday of that week

d.. Bios and contact information on each performer

The proposed member pricing is $9.95 for a week and $29.95 for a month.

Content will be updated weekly by Noon each Tuesday giving photos and video

clips of the performers for that week. Photos and clips from the previous

week(s) will not be archived on the site for future viewing.

See a sample of the site at http://www.xcomedia.com/gaiety/

Questions: (your answers to these must be sent no later than January 4 to

receive a free week at one of the sites)

1.. Which information, content or feature(s) described above are most

interesting and important to you?

2.. What additional content or information would you like to see the site

contain?

3.. What would you change about the site as described above?

4.. Do you like the option of weekly and monthly memberships or should we

offer only one type of membership? If so, which type?

5.. Are the membership prices too low? Too high? Just right?

6.. Would you pay more if all of the performers appeared in nude video

clips? If so, how much more per week? Per month?

7.. Have you ever visited the Gaiety in person?

8.. How do you currently get information about what's going on at the

Gaiety?

9.. Should site members get a reduced admission price at the Gaiety?

10.. Should Gaiety patrons get a reduced membership price to the site?

> Hed, can you briefly recant what NJ had to say.

>

VDN, I'd do ANYTHING for you--I hope you know that. But to my great shame, I can barely recall the four or five points NJ made in his very pithy post. At first, I meant to copy & paste them here. But then I realized that wouldn't be right without getting NJ's permission, and that's why I directed everyone to Ace's site. Little did I know the whole thread had already gone pfft!

Anyway, NJ's points all had to do with the hard realities that would surely doom such a project: the exigencies of timing, privacy, compliance, conflict of interest--just to name a few. Perhaps someone else saved the text & would be willing to ask for NJ's OK a reposting it here.

Hello hed4str8,

>VDN, I'd do ANYTHING for you--I hope you know that.

Thank you! Expect my car insurance bill to now be forwarded to you! ;)

>everyone to Ace's site. Little did I know the whole thread

>had already gone pfft!

I guess Ace is a man of deadlines as he did say up until Jan 4 I believe. But I thought that just meant excepting questionnaires. I didn't realize he meant the whole damn thread would be pulled.

>Anyway, NJ's points all had to do with...

Thanks very much for the recap. Now, it shall be interesting to see what happens at this point.

I agree that the idea of a Gaiety website is a good one, but not a new one. It's been talked about for years. The major obstacle here is the owner who doesn't want this type of publicity.

I was surprised to read that Ace is "working with Denise"??? on this project. Funny, but just a few weeks ago she said to me that she objected to the dancers pictures being posted and added that some dancers didn't approve of it. She also asked me not to include in my reviews where the dancers are from, hoping to protect their identity, and wished the reviews would stop. She has told others the same thing. So, what has change in the past few weeks for her to be interested in a website?

I can still recall how upset she got over the use of the term "gaiety apartment", and the posting of Neo's pictures. How could someone who feels like this ever be interested in having video tapes of the dancers being taken during show times and being released on the internet... IMO, it's never going to happen under this administration.

I wish all the people involved with this proposed project the best of luck.

Welcome back, Cooper, and Happy New Year!

I realize you had a lot of catching up to do, but I was puzzled by the message you posted just a few hours ago. Surely it had already been pretty well established that Denise had no role whatsoever in the website proposal, so you needn't have been surprised at a seeming change of attitude on her part. And while her non-cooperation would certainly be a major obstacle in getting the project afloat, there are plenty of other obstacles (both potential and present) that rate as no less major.

Yes, having a real and 'official' Gaiety site would be great--especially if it had some or all of the features of StockBar's

wonderful site--but it just ain't going to happen.

Hed, and a happy new year to you...

As for your "surprise", it was not only my understanding but it was printed on MS that Ace had Denise's permission to look into "project web-research" for his client (not Denise). Unfortunately, Ace has decided to delete the thread that contained this valuable information.

I'm surprised that no one on that m/c asked why the thread was deleted. If that happened here, members would be riding all over town crying out for the demise of the moderators! :-)

No big lose if it doesn't happen when we have the likes of Cooper, Foxy, NYO, VDN and everyone else contributing their reviews, rumors and pictures on this great FREE site! You guys don't get the appreciation you deserve for all of the time you put into your Gaiety coverage, so here it is.......THANKS!!!

Archived