THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Resurrection in Montreal

firecat
This topic is 7237 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

The transformation of Adonis to the Top of the Twink Strip Clubs is complete.

As a confirmed Taboo lover it pains me to announce that Adonis is now the place to be if you love Twinks.

New management has infused an energy back into this club and most importantly has proved able in bringing new talent to the stage and back room.

There are so many new Boys there that i did not have time or money to sample everyone last night but it was my good fortune to meet two that will probably empty my small bank accounts.

David is 5'7" slim boy with a gorgeous face that not only is a good performer on stage , but soooo affectionate in the back.

Marcus is 5'8" swimmers build with a Tom Cruise face and is so sensual on stage that the line begins to take him in the back as soon as his stage dances end. In the back room all I can say is have plenty of money and a towel to wipe the sweat off the both of you. This boy adds new meaning to the word HOT!!!!

Management takes notice of the good customers and is quick to buy a round from the House, something that cannot be said for the other Clubs in town.

There are at least 3 other new delectable boys and these have all arrived in the last 2 weeks. Here's hoping they keep up the good work and that Taboo starts to compete again. Then maybe we'll have 2 great Clubs for Twinks , the way Montreal did a few years ago.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I heartily agree with firecat. I spent four days in Montreal in mid-October and, much to my surprise, ended up spending the majority of my time at L'Adonis. This is definitely not the L'Adonis of 6 months ago. The new management has done a remarkable job of infusing the place with a new vitality and energy...and dancers. Day or night there were always 15-25 dancers, one great looking guy after another, I couldn't get over the quality of the new dancers. The best part is that the dancers seem to be having FUN, and that gives the club a great atmosphere.

Thanks for the update on the Montreal scene Firecat. I've always liked Adonis for some reason even when it wasn't too popular. Hopefully Taboo can keep pace because that has always been a great club also. Make sure you don't wear out the boys before Thanksgiving weekend. I'll be up that weekend and hopefully there will be something left for me }(

Thanks for the report, fire.

Nice to know that management has continued what it began when I was last there. It began with Devin and Ralph, and now sounds like it has expanded to at least a half dozen cute dancers.

As importantly, it sounds like manager Norman has kept up his customer service philosophy, and that has made all the difference in the world.

Still.... don't let Taboo close (even though they sound like they are trying their best to do so). We really do need it in the long run.

Marc Anthony wrote"Still.... don't let Taboo close (even though they sound like they are trying their best to do so). We really do need it in the long run."

Wellllllll-so you have seen the light regarding the Taboo's total disdain for it's loyal(non-quebecois)customers.

First you abandon the Gouv.for a pricline stay-and now you knock your used to be temple-of-twinks!

Glad to have you aboard the ship of good judgement Marc!

>Wellllllll-so you have seen the light regarding the Taboo's

>total disdain for it's loyal(non-quebecois)customers.

>First you abandon the Gouv.for a pricline stay-and now you

>knock your used to be temple-of-twinks!

>Glad to have you aboard the ship of good judgement Marc!

>

LOL, BGP. Actually, I have had no quarrel with Taboo and their treatment of customers. However, I have noticed that they have a morale problem with their dancers, and that is not a good thing. If the dancers won't work there, there are lots of places to get a drink for much less money. That is my main concern about Taboo. They need to find a way to retain dancers and attract new cute ones.

In terms of finding the benefits of Priceline, I am guilty as charged.. lol. However, I still think for newbies to the scene, it is worth the ambience and convenience of staying in the Village.

Guest TwinkLoverr

>Nice to know that management has continued what it began when

>I was last there. It began with Devin and Ralph, and now

>sounds like it has expanded to at least a half dozen cute

>dancers.

What is there to say about Ralph except "ooh-la-la" ! lol

About Devin, I believe I met him at Adonis last December (2003). He was beautiful, a definite close second to Ralph. Is he still there currently? I was most recently in Montreal in September of this year and don't recall seeing Devin there. If he had been, that absolutely exquisite bubble-butt would have called out to be seen!! Am I thinking of the same Devin? Truly a butt to die for! lol

>

>What is there to say about Ralph except "ooh-la-la" ! lol

>

>About Devin, I believe I met him at Adonis last December

>(2003). He was beautiful, a definite close second to Ralph.

>Is he still there currently? I was most recently in Montreal

>in September of this year and don't recall seeing Devin there.

> If he had been, that absolutely exquisite bubble-butt would

>have called out to be seen!! Am I thinking of the same Devin?

> Truly a butt to die for! lol

Almost certain it is same Devin. He was there before, and then got swept away by sugar... and now is back. I think returned in October. He is a very cute kid, with a great butt as you say... and oh boy... when am I going to get back there????

I just returned from a short weekend in Montreal, and decided to visit L'Adonis, even though in the past I have been disappointed there.

Sorry to disagree with the former posters, but I don't think L'Adonis is much improved over my previous visits. One improvement: there seemed to be less "empty" stage time---there were no ten-fifteen minutes of no dancer performing. That's a positive.

Negatives? Very little "variety" in the dancers. Most fit into what I call the lithe, twink mold. There were three dancers of colour, which was great, but aside from being good conversationalists, they just didn't "turn me on."

The service staff is excellent as usual. I wanted to try out the back room, so I had a couple of lap dances with a slightly heftier dancer named Adam. He was OK--delivered adequately and I can't complain.

Bottom Line? L'Adonis dancers just don't turn me on. For that I go to Campus in the afternoon, and Stock after 9 PM BUT I understand that the attraction is totally personal and probably unique to each visitor. Montreal still absolutely ranks number one with me---even in November. But, I might have been lucky---it was sunny, and even though chilly at night, definitely not winter-like. GO!!! Have FUN!!

Speaking of resurrection , HI EVERYONE :)

I totally disagree , Adonis is still a rat hole with scary looking dancers and sketchy owners , they may be less stupid than the previous ones but still adonis is a filthy place that I PERSONALLY would be ashame to step one foot in (my 2 cents). Taboo has tons of new dancers , as a matter of a fact i dont know any of them!!

Now updates from , Im still in Quebec city , got a very good job for the gouvernment at the translation office and Im happy about the new direction my life is taking , Im still thinking about moving back to Germany but i'll see weither I end up starting my B.A. in september or not.

take care guys MISS YOU ALL!!!!

nicolaslvg@hotmail.com I wanna hear from you and maybe drop for a visit at some point!

---------------------------------------

you dont stop playing because you grow old , you grow old because you stop playing

Guest Tampa Yankee

Hey Kai,

I miss you. :* Happy to hear that things are going well for you up North. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

I have to disagree with you about both Adonis and Taboo. Adonis has definitely gone uphill -- way uphill and Taboo unfortunately is on the slide.

The new management at Adonis is MUCH improved. Norm, the manager, is a very friendly and tries his best to pump energy into the club and he is succeeding. He is great to the patrons and seems fun with the boys. On my last visit over one weekend he bought our group several rounds of drinks as many as 8-10 at one time. I know this is marketing but it is effective marketing. :D He seems genuinely friendly too and I give him an A+ so far. And he has hired a number of new cute guys -- some from Taboo. I plan to frequent often when I am in town.

I'm sorry to that Taboo seems to have fallen on hard times. They seem to have trouble keeping dancers and those that they do keep don't report all that frequently. I'm still a strong Taboo supporter and it continues to be a must-see stop on my itinerary. I hope they recover from the current slump although the coming winter season doesn't offer a lot of optimism for that. ;(

>Speaking of resurrection , HI EVERYONE :)

>I totally disagree , Adonis is still a rat hole with scary

>looking dancers and sketchy owners , they may be less stupid

>than the previous ones but still adonis is a filthy place that

>I PERSONALLY would be ashame to step one foot in (my 2 cents).

>Taboo has tons of new dancers , as a matter of a fact i dont

>know any of them!!

LOLOLOL. Tell us what you really think, Kai.

But unless things have changed a lot since I was there a couple of weeks ago, TAboo really did not have any new dancers... none that are cute like you, anyway! And Adonis has Ralph, Devin, and according to my sources, a really new cute boy named Marcus.

And ex-taboo boys now working at Adonis? Robby, Pierre, Jordan, and Julian (and maybe I am forgetting someone).

>

>Now updates from , Im still in Quebec city , got a very good

>job for the gouvernment at the translation office and Im happy

>about the new direction my life is taking , Im still thinking

>about moving back to Germany but i'll see weither I end up

>starting my B.A. in september or not.

This is all great news. I am really happy for you! Good luck in all that you do! And I hope that you do start to get your BA!

Stay in touch, and be good!!!! Oh wait, forget the be good part!

:7

Sorry Kai , you are wrong.

Taboo has very few new dancers that could be considered cute and they have lost some of the cutest ones they had such as Tommy, Adam, Julien etc etc.

Adonis is still not my favorite physical enviroment but as far as new cute dancers it is no contest. They have Angel, David, Devin, Marcus, Ralph all of whom are cuter then anyone currently dancing at Taboo.

They also have a management who actually cares about its customers which Taboo definitely does not.

BTW... like Tampa Yankee... I too hope that Taboo is only in a mild slump. It has brought me great joy over the years, and it is still my sentimental favorite. I really want it to succeed.

But as my wise friend in Montreal once told me... you can buy beer and water for much less at the super market. You go to the bars to look at cute, smiling boys. If they are not cute, and not happy, you are wasting money.

Firecat , How dare you saying Taboo managers do not care about their patrons!? Thats not true , not fair (Claude did a lot of things for you guys) and totally uncalled for! I will keep supporting Taboo no matter what. Especially since I can actually enjoy as a patron now that I retired.

OH and BY THE WAY! Of course paying drinks to everybody for anygiven reasons brings you customers! but It will only last a certain time. and OF COURSE theres a lot of new faces , that place is brand new, when people will overcome the excitement of the new ownership , things will come back as they used to be. Taboo is not losing any money over that (okay maybe some but not enough to be worried about)and IM 100% confident that Taboo will still improve with new things along the future months.

Im not giving you a loyalty speach here. Just telling you that you will soon realize that Adonis is still a filthy rat hole ... only with a new makeover :)

you dont stop playing because you grow old , you grow old because you stop playing

Kai,

You have to be kidding. I had more rounds bought for us in Adonis in one weekend then I have in Taboo in last 8 months.

I wouldn't expect you to notice since dancers very seldom pay for their own drinks. But customers who are in the Club constantly buying drinks for themselves and dancers expect to get some drinks bought for them at times.

Although this happened the first few months Claude took over, he is never in the Club anymore and the rest of management is oblivious to who the good customers are. You should be able to see that from the comments of the 3 devoted Taboo customers in this thread.

And believe me there are plenty more who feel the same way. The prices have went up, the drinks gotten smaller and almost never a free round.

A recipe for disaster whether we like it or not.

Firecat

Listen I really dont feel like arguing over this, but get ready for a well deserved "I TOLD YOU SO!" when youll see what I meant by all this. Theres things that patrons are not aware of but that WE are. no matter weither youve been such a devoted costumer for 10years or not. You can only see what the owners and dancers wants you to see. A medal has 2 sides.

now this being said. Im looking foreward seeing you soon guys , tell me when you guys will be in Montreal and I'll try to steal dad's car and come up hehe ;)

P.S. please dont tell me you judge a club based on how many drinks has been bought for you?!

Guest Tampa Yankee

>OH and BY THE WAY! Of course paying drinks to everybody for

>anygiven reasons brings you customers! but It will only last a

>certain time.

Probably true and I'm not there for free drinks. I can drink at home or in my hotel or any number of bars if that is the attraction. And the Taboo management treats me quite well. But as Mark paraphrased a local friend -- "you can buy beer and water for much less at the super market. You go to the bars to look at cute, smiling boys. If they are not cute, and not happy, you are wasting money."

>and OF COURSE theres a lot of new faces , that

>place is brand new,

Yes, but that doesn't explain where the Taboo faces have gone and why.

>... IM 100% confident that Taboo will still

> improve with new things along the future months.

>

We all share that hope. Taboo is still our favorite venue.

> Just telling you that you will soon realize that

> Adonis is still a filthy rat hole

>... only with a new makeover :)

So far the makeover is an improvement. They will never be able to turn that space into a competitve physical facility but in the end the club is made of the people: the dancers, the management and the customers. Right now it seems Adonis has its act together.

Let's see here-we have 3 LLLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGG time patrons of Taboo-who used to be super super devoted to Taboo to the point of not thinking of not spending most of an evening there.

And we have one former dancer of the Taboo who has since moved to a different town.

And this dancer is trying to contest the opinions of THREE former customers,who again were VERY VERY loyal Taboo customers.

And the dancer insist upon trashing the management(new)of the Adonis-without evidence of patronizing the Adonis since the new Management took over.

Something seems very strange about "Kai"s devotion to the sinking ship that is Taboo these days.

It should be noted that I,as most regular readers here already know,was never a big fan of Taboo-nor of most of its patrons.

I am DELIGHTED that Adonis has found a new energy-and cannot wait to partake of it.

Let the Tabboo sink-they have shown way to much disdain for their non-quebecois patrons for too long.Good ridence.

Kai

I don't judge a club by how many free drinks it buys but it is a criteria.

As both Marc and Tampa have said the first criteria is the Boys.

Taboo no longer has that endless suppy of cute boys. For whatever reasons and i'm sure there are many Adonis now has more cute boys and definitely has the only new cute ones.A club cannot surrive with the same boys that have been there for 2 years or more. They need new boys and the boys need to stay. I have mentioned many of the new boys who have left and there are many more I have not mentioned.

If not for Kevin and Sebastien, I would not spend any time in Taboo.

Cute is subjective but when you get 3 of the biggest supporters of the Club all saying the same thing then you have to realize there are valid reasons for our feelings.

I'll be gone for 3 weeks but let me know anytime after Dec 12 and I'll be happy to discuss it with you further over a drink at Taboo.

Hopefully when I return things will have changed at Taboo.(we all hope so)

so did Nirvana when it first opened , and we all know what happened.

and Bigguy! Just for the record my devotion for taboo has NOTHING to do with my move in Quebec. I just have a lot of respect for that place , Taboo brought many many many WONDERFUL things and I met great , interesting and smart people. Im just very skeptical about adonis. that "rasing from the deads" doesnt seem right to me. and yes a lot of people has stoped dancing , like it is the case everywhere after the summer time! Some went back to school , some found "real work" , some took some time off and travels. taboo will never sink (sorry to break your hopes dear)

Fire ,

youve been in Montreal long enough to understand that all this is only a cycle. when Stock moved , everybody went to stock, when taboo changed management everybody went there , when taboo had the raid , everybody went to adonis , when taboo recovered they all moved back.

and it will ALWAYS be like that , the other will always come up with something better , new and fantabulous but it only last some times.

Archived