THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Hotels around the Gaiety

crewman
This topic is 7277 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Since the Gaiety is right in Times Square and we are going into the highest price hotel season in NYC since 9/11 not an easy answer. Best Western President may be the best bet or see what comes up in Priceline. The closest is the Marriott Marquis right across the street but I would expect rates there to be around $300 right now - I haven't checked cause I don't stay there. Paramount is the next closest and usually is a bit less but they have some very small rooms. Milford Plaza and Days Inn are definitely a step down in both amenities and price but are also convenient although security for guests to room is awkward.

There is a Travel Inn on 42 street and 10th avenue.It is about a 15 minute walk to the Gaiety.That is a little too far to take a dancer to because their time is usually limited,but they usually can take you back to their hotel anyway.The Travel Inn is considerably less expensive than other Times Square hotels because many people are not used to going west of 8th Avenue.It is right across the street from a police station.I usually get a room for $140.00 per night (but the prices climb astronomically on Nov.1).

It is an unusual hotel in that it has an outdoor swimming pool and an attached parking garage.It would be the place of choice certainly if you are driving to NYC.

Last time I was there (January of this year) I stayed at the Comfort Inn on 46th between 6th and 7th (same street as the Gaiety, but the other side of Broadway.) It was fine, although the rooms are small. Free continental breakfast, nice quiet street, and usually less than $100/night on the net or with AAA discount. You might also try the Super 8 on 46th between 5th and 6th (one block further east.) Same people run it. Similar property, but a block more to walk to Times Square.

You might also try Priceline; go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com first for tips on recent winning bids and the hotels that are likely to come up.

i second the recommendation of trying priceline; I've been to NYC 3 times in the past 6 months... on two of those 3 trips, I paid less than $120 pernight ....once at the marriott, the 2nd time at the Millennium Broadway ... third trip was in midst of fashion week so rates were higher, but I didok at the sofitel ... check biddingfortravel first for comparables, then select the nidtown west area ... worst case, you'll end up at the hilton on 6th

Archived