THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

a question for the "all knowledgeable ones" about montreal

LurkerSpeaks
This topic is 7337 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I agreee---Montreal is worth a little "discomfort" in November. Mid-November is usually fairly "mild" compared to January and February. I've been there both early in November and late in November, and as another poster said, it's unpredictable. If you walk up and down Ste. Catherine you are likely to face some windy/cold time---so take gloves, hats and a scarf and just walk quickly from Campus to Stock to L'Adonis to Taboo---you'll be fine :))

Oh, by the way, don't take ONLY winter clothing, it could be Indian Summer and you might end up being uncomfortable if you only have heavy duty stuff!!

Guest Tampa Yankee

>Can we expand this a little? I'm thinking about a trip

>either just before or just after US Thanksgiving (so last week

>of Nov/first week of Dec) -- do the above responses hold true

>2 weeks later?

I think Indian Summer definitely will be in your rear view mirror. Safe to expect changeable weather from sunny and fairly cool (good coat) to windy with blowing snow/rain. Significant accumulation is unlikely but there are no guarantees.

Don't think it will be indian summer on the mid of November - . It's already winter. And the worthest part of winter, the beginning - with lots of humidity and very windy. there is a possibility of absence of snow, but we already wearing our down jackets, boots, scarfs and all this winter shit this time of a year. and of course it's good to be warmed by cute guys from clubs this time of a year:9

RE: a question for the "all knowledgeable ones" about montreal

The beginning of winter is mid December (it runs from December to March)... and Indian Summer can happen in November, though as Tampa mentions it is usually in earlier Nov.

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/dtx/?page=stories/i-summer

Not to say (as I mention in my original post) that it can't be friggin cold in the fall up in Montreal!

I've actually been there in mid- to late November and it's not bad if you are from the Boston area. Apart from the air temperature, there's wind to contend with. So bring hats/caps and gloves. November is a great time to visit--the tourists are gone and the boys are hungry for customers.

Late November/early December is definitely more risky than early and middle November. I've been there in all three instances, and have not had much snow--only case of ice I've experienced happened in late December---very treacherous. BUT, Montreal, north-east US weather is very, very unpredictable. So, if you are making flight reservations and have selected a definite date, the best advice I can give is to book your flight, and then find out what the weather is like BEFORE you leave---and this is not that difficult. There are all kinds of websites which will give you the present weather conditions in Montreal, and fairly reliable predictions for the next four or five days. I think weather.com has some good stuff.

Guest zipperzone

>Late November/early December is definitely more risky than

>early and middle November. I've been there in all three

>instances, and have not had much snow--only case of ice I've

>experienced happened in late December---very treacherous.

>BUT, Montreal, north-east US weather is very, very

>unpredictable.

Even when Mtl is at it's coldest/snowest it's still a great place to be. The cold weather just ads to the atmosphere and you get to wear all those great jackets. In the winter months you will be surprised at how many men are wearing mink coats - dark brown or black!

Archived