THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

GAIETY LINEUP FOR THE WEEK OF 7-26-04

likembig
This topic is 7281 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest JohnPela

RE: Best Canadian dancer at the G

>Cooper said: One of my friends asked me, "who do you consider to be >the best Gaiety stage performer from Canada?" ... hmmm, I drew a

>blank, any help?

Cooper, Maybe you should start a stage/dance performance summer camp for Gaiety dancers from Canada. That way you could provide them with the ins and outs of what they should be doing on stage. It could be a real service to all of us and really pump up the stage entertainment quotient.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I liked this week's show. Lots of hot guys. My favorites were Ace, Chad and Nicholas.

FYI, Bailey is an American. I believe he lives in upstate NY (maybe Buffalo). Very entertaining, wish he'd come back to the stage.

Agree, most of the "entertainers" are American. Christian from several years back was Canadian and was a great stage performer. I think Jeffrey was very entertaining on stage, though in a different way than the ones mentioned above.

Nicholas told me he thought Alexandre wasn't starting until Monday.

Looking forward to the weekend show.

RE: Best Camp dance

>No one is more qualified than Cooper for that!!!!!!!!!

Thanks JP and Lucky for your vote of confidence. If only my college dance instructor, Miss Twyla Tharp, could see me now. She's the one who told me "don't quit your day job". ;-)

Although this idea for a summer dance program is a wonderful one, I see several problems. First, many "dancers" will say, "Oh yes! I'll show up", however, they won't arrive. Most common excuse will be, a "dead uncle", or problems at the border... Second, you'll be lucky if a class could last for more than 20 minutes, they're always in such a rush to get finished... Third, I find them very limited, never wanting to cooperate with what the instructor asks, they just want to sit back and let you do all the work... Fourth, don't ask them to do anything not written in the syllabus, for it will definitely cost you more... Finally, they always have an excuse for not cuming at the end, most common being, I won't be able to get it up for the next class. ;-)

As for ALEXANDER, this weekend's scheduled dancer, let me whet your appetite with a link to his Stock portfolio:

http://stockbar.ca/stock/html/newgalleryalexander/index.htm

Out to the person looking for pictures of NEO. On Monday, dj Kenny, introduced him as an "international fitness model". Perhaps asking him can get you started.

Best Canadian dancer at the G

Calvin: tall skinny blond guy from Quebec, danced at the Gaiety 2 years ago. Sucked himself on stage, put his feet behind his head and spanked himself while he spun around the stage.

NY Observed agreed that

>. . .most of the "entertainers" are American. Christian

>from several years back was Canadian and was a great stage

>performer. I think Jeffrey was very entertaining on stage,

>though in a different way than the ones mentioned above.

____

And let's not forget that Gaiety stalwart from Montreal--Dave 'Angel Wings' Angelo. Over the years, D has impressed me with his unfailing showmanship--combining good looks, natural eroticism, true dancing skill, and, most important, a sure sense of how to make his numbers thematically memorable without overdoing it in the costume/prop department.

A footnote question from yesteryear: who else remembers 'Montreal Tony,' a slightly raunchy-looking Robert DeNiro type who used to pep up his introductory number with some nimble shadow-boxing?

___

And hey, NY Observer, any idea of who's on board for this weekend? (I'd heard a rumor that Stock star Jean-Phillippe was due to make an August debut on 46th Street. And I've been wondering if the fabled Nick--who shares a spectacular showbiz gimmick with our own Marlone--has persuaded Denise to give him another chance. . .)

Cooper, it doesn't look like there are any Canadian performers that can match your list. James is a very dramatic dancer, but not a performer.

Glad to hear Sebastian is coming this weekend, he's one of my favorites.

Thanks Cooper and Foxy for the weekly updates. I live vicariously through your eyes.

>

>Glad to hear Sebastian is coming this weekend, he's one of my

>favorites.

>

Same here!

Any further news on the line up for the weekend? :o

Seems to be a slow week at the G.

Need some spark(s) for the weekend! But nothing too sparky.:+

See you Friday night!

RE: Weekend lineup

Perhaps tonight's lineup should be called "South of the Border", it seems that Simon brought a few friends along.

Lineup for the Friday 6:15 show

Matteo, looks so relaxed on stage

Duran, new, muscular and workout buddy of Simon

Ace Hanson, great smile and personality

Chad, nice butt

Eduardo, best dancer in the lineup

Nicolas, best erection

Fabio, tough guy image

Sebastian, will be in for 10 days

Daniel, with the very long hair, another workout buddy of Simon

Yannik, short hair this time

Ray, like the way he picks up his tips, classy.

Simon, the BIG boss

By 8:30 there was standing room only.

Look for Alexander starting Monday.

>Duran, new, muscular and workout buddy of Simon

Is it pronounced Duran (doo ran) like the group "Duran Duran"?

.....80's flashback.....

Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise

Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch that mirror way out west

You know you're something special and you look like you're the best

Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

Just like that river twisting through a dusty land

And when she shines she really shows you all she can

Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande

Hey Hed,

Thanks for the note.

I don't know anything about Jean Phillipe coming to NYC, though I'm sure he'd do quite well.

As for Nick, yes, I believe he's scheduled to come back starting the 16th of August.

Think Tommy from Montreal is back next week, along with Sebastian, Alexandre and I'd guess Daniel, Simon and maybe Duran?

>Is it pronounced Duran (doo ran) like the group "Duran

>Duran"?

>

>.....80's flashback.....

>

>Moving on the floor now babe you're a bird of paradise

>Cherry ice cream smile I suppose it's very nice

>With a step to your left and a flick to the right you catch

>that mirror way out west

>You know you're something special and you look like you're the

>best

>

>Her name is Rio and she dances on the sand

>Just like that river twisting through a dusty land

>And when she shines she really shows you all she can

>Oh Rio, Rio dance across the Rio Grande

VDN, you are too funny, when I asked dj Kenny if it was pronounced Doran or Duran, he said the same thing, just like "Duran, Duran"... Sadly, he forgot to mention that '80's song...

OUT TO TONYTENDER: Where were you? Your table was waiting, missed you, next time the punch is on you... :-)

Likembig, enjoyed talking with you during the show, but did you forget something?

>Lineup for the Friday 6:15 show

>

The boys are all muscle this weekend. Even Chad, the closest dancer to a twink with his strawberry-blonde curls, had youthful beef to spare. I liked this show.

>

>By 8:30 there was standing room only.

>

Standing room only was right! Plus a lot of people seemed to know each other and the room was buzzing. Good energy all around tonight.

>OUT TO TONYTENDER: Where were you? Your table was waiting,

>missed you, next time the punch is on you... :-)

>

I saw Neo was not in the lineup, so I did not get there! NOT :+

Really, I had to tend to some family matters. Got home late.

Hope there will be some punch left for me. :7 (or on me)

Thanks Cooper!

I was there for the 9:30 show on Friday, and can validate some of the above comments:

Eduardo (who is not really my type) put on a great show that evidenced much preparation and dancing talent.

I also very much enjoyed the performances of Matteo, Nicolas, Ray, and Yannick. I noticed that Ray and Yannick were very popular in the lounge.

Thanks for a great show.

Archived