THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Taboo News

RobPA
This topic is 7607 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

A friend in Montreal just emailed me with the following info:

Last night the managers informed the dancers that Taboo's liquor license has been suspended for 75 days effective next week. As a result the Club will be closed from mid-week next week until mid November.

Can anyone confirm?

The sad news is that this appears to be correct. Th dancers appear to be taking it quite well. I think they will go to other clubs or take some time off and then plan to return in November.

Hopefully it will be even a better club when the suspension is over.

>A friend in Montreal just emailed me with the following

>info:

>Last night the managers informed the dancers that Taboo's

>liquor license has been suspended for 75 days effective next

>week. As a result the Club will be closed from mid-week next

>week until mid November.

>Can anyone confirm?

>

Upon reading this, spoke with a dancer who confirmed it is true.

Sad story.

A while back, there was thread about having a private party with Taboo dancers at a hotel room.

They are free to do that now...

:-(

>Why was it suspended? I had the impression that the

>scheduled court action would conclude the judicial interest

>instigated by the raid. When and for what reason did this

>liquor license suspension come into play?

I guess that what happened was that the liquor license renewal date precedes the court trial. The liquor commission would not grant the license with the trial pending. Therefore, the license lapses, and the club can reapply if they are cleared at trial.

By the time the application is processed, etc. , it turns out the club will be closed until mid-November.

This is the supposition of the dancer I spoke with.

Marc, thanks. While we have time to duddle, would you look at my answer to your question from my Taboo,Campus, Stock thread . . . I have some observations about Taboo, and its user-friendly style compared to, say Campus. If Taboo does open again, are there any suggestions I've made that would make sense to new management at Taboo. I value your opinions.;)

>Marc, thanks. While we have time to duddle, would you look

>at my answer to your question from my Taboo,Campus, Stock

>thread . . . I have some observations about Taboo, and its

>user-friendly style compared to, say Campus. If Taboo does

>open again, are there any suggestions I've made that would

>make sense to new management at Taboo. I value your

>opinions.;)

Jack: I agree that the Taboo back is not conducive to good private dances... and from what I hear, the management plans to install partitions if and when the bar reopens. They have bigger problems on their hands, though, with the trial coming up and then regaining their liquor license.

As to letting the dancers leave before 2 AM to do hotel calls with customers... don't hold your breath. There is really no benefit to management to lose a dancer and a customer in the middle of a shift. And Taboo got itself into trouble for allegedly being a "bawdy house" (brothel)... don't count on management doing anything that could even remotely be construed to suggest this.

I was at Campus last evening and spoke with several dancers (well, more than that}( ), and they each told me that Taboo was closing, period. No talk about re-opening. They had been warned, and apparently all the stripper clubs have done the same, about no sexual contact with the customers in the backrooms. HOWEVER, they then proceeded to grant me some sexual favors in the backroom, all the while assuring me that they would be on the look-out since if they got caught, they would face a two week suspension.

Soooo, life goes on, Taboo or no Taboo! Actually it was never my favorite place, since I am not into twinks particularly and I never liked the backroom (the boys were friendly tho). BTW, the paying clients were few and far between last night at Campus when iI was there (around the supper hour), and the dancers were VERY obliging and relatively reasonable in their rates for various fun and games ( I also got some interesting quotes for privates back at my apartment) but did not avail myself of this service last night.;-)

>I was at Campus last evening and spoke with several dancers

>(well, more than that}( ), and they each told me that Taboo

>was closing, period. No talk about re-opening.

Who knows what is really true, but the dancers at Taboo believe that they will be reopening in November. I have spoken to 4 of them, and they all have the same story.

I am sure, though, that a large piece to the puzzle is the outcome of the trial later this month. Since none of us know for certain what that will be, none of us can know for certain what will become of Taboo.

The Septmeber Edition of Guide Magazine has an update story about Taboo that mentions the Parade and court proceedings. This story was obviously writtten before Taboo closed. Below is the link for the article in the Guide's on line version. Click on the Picture in the upper left side and it will show pictures of Pierre and also of Damien (riding in the parade).

http://www.guidemag.com/magcontent/invokemagcontent.cfm?ID=740763BD-23EC-4550-A127931CFD1BA54D

You might also find their monthly poll interesting.

The Septmeber Edition of Guide Magazine has an update story about Taboo that mentions the Parade and court proceedings. This story was obviously writtten before Taboo closed. Below is the link for the article in the Guide's on line version. Click on the Picture in the upper left side and it will show pictures of Pierre and also of Damien (riding in the parade).

http://www.guidemag.com/magcontent/invokemagcontent.cfm?ID=740763BD-23EC-4550-A127931CFD1BA54D

You might also find their monthly poll interesting.

Archived