THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Took The Plunge - Downloaded Firefox

ArVaGuy
This topic is 6530 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I finally decided to take the plunge and downloaded Firefox after years and years of Internet Explorer servitude. Already I can tell that the tabs feature for viewing various sites is one that I am going to really like.

However, am having some issues with some regular sites that I visit not loading in FF. Such as I can't get the Washington Post web site to load when typing in the web address or using the bookmark. I assume this is caused by the Post site being more oriented to IE than anything else.

Any advice on learning the tips and tricks of better utilizing FF out there?

Thanks

For what it's worth, IE7 has tabs too. You should be receiving it (if you haven't already) via Windows Update any day now. I believe there's a setting and/or addin for Firefox that impersonates IE for those sites where FF's defaults don't work.

You'll find you still need at least two browsers if you regularly visit more than a few sites. This hasn't changed since Netscape started introducing non-standard behaviors way back when. Web designers write a site specific to one browser and don't bother testing to see if it will work in others. <sigh>

It IS getting better. Developers are becoming standards aware. Even site design tools are becoming standards-aware. But you still see far too many non-compliant sites leading to the need for non-standard browsers, and I don't think that situation will *ever* end.

Archived