THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

OPEN QUESTION TO TECHS

jackhammer91406
This topic is 6809 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Somewhere in recent weeks, I have clicked or reset something which causes my windows media player to open an activemovie Window instead of playing on the main viewer. I have tried over and over to eliminate this feature since it doesn't allow for fast forward to the GOOD stuff, but with no success. I am sure there's an easy fix, I just don't have the skill level necessary.

H E L P

This should be easy. :-)

1. Open Windows Explorer (Not Internet Explorer, Windows Explorer). You're running XP. To open Explorer, right-click on the start button and choose Explore.

2. Go to the Tools Menu and choose Folder Options.

3. Choose File Types.

4. Browse the list of types. Find the items that currently open with Active Movie. As you find each one, highlight it and select "Change".

5. Select Windows Media Player on the Change dialog that pops up and then Press OK.

6. Do this for each of the file types that are associated with Active Movie.

You should then be back where you want to be.

7. Be careful of what you click on in the future! :-)

BG

Jackhammer,

If you have WMP 10, checking the "Use high quality mode" (Tools/Options/Performance/Advanced) box under Video Acceleration, sometimes enables the Active Movie Screen.

You may want to try clicking on "Restore Defaults" under Video Acceleration (Tools/Options/Performance).

Hope this helps.

Rendie

Archived