THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

New messages

Guest GladImGay
This topic is 6947 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest GladImGay

I notice lately when I select read new, the same messages appear. Doesn't seem to reset. How do I get this feature to work properly?

Thanks

Guest GladImGay

I clicked on the "mark" icon in most of the forums to no avail. In the past I didn't have to do anything special, but the only messages displayed were "new". Any other suggestions?

I'm not sure, but my guess is that he would have to have been logged in order for his message to show up as from "GladImGay".

The other thing for him to check would be that he's enabling cookies from the m4m site; if he's recently installed more security software,

it might have altered his cookie seetings.

You'd be surprised how many people don't log in to read, only to post. (The numbers the forums show for "reads" are only those logged in, but the server logs the actual number of visitors.)

Good suggestion on the security software. Also, the latest Windows Updates is wreaking havoc with some content. (Like help files located on a network drive suddenly unreadable.)

In fact, last week's Windows Updates changed my settings, installed itself, and rebooted my PC in the middle of the night when I'd set it ask before installing.

Trustworthy computing. HMPH!

Archived