THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Spyware Protection

OneFinger
This topic is 6993 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

I'm currently running behind a firewall (Sygate) and routinely run AdAware and Spybot in addition to my virus protection.

My neighbor suggested that I also add CounterSpy on my PC. It's only $20 and I'm currently using a trial version. Does anyone have experience with this software? So far, I'm impressed but would appreciate other info or opinions.

Thanks. :*

Guest LG320126

>I'm currently running behind a firewall (Sygate) and

>routinely run AdAware and Spybot in addition to my virus

>protection.

>

>My neighbor suggested that I also add CounterSpy on my PC.

>It's only $20 and I'm currently using a trial version. Does

>anyone have experience with this software? So far, I'm

>impressed but would appreciate other info or opinions.

>

>Thanks. :*

I used to use AdAware and Spybot and then was made aware of freeware provided by Microsoft if you are using Microsoft software. I deleted the others and am very happy with the results. Website for getting the free software is: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-

You will need your Microsoft registration number in order to download the program.

I'm using Spy Sweeper from Webroot. It cost $30 for a year's subscription. It updates frequently and runs in the background constantly checking for any spyware that may be trying to creep in. I've also used AdAware and SpyBot. Fortunately, the only thing any of them have ever found was tracking cookies. Spy Sweeper has a great feature that rejects tracking cookies on the fly. I highly recommend it.

Archived