THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Can't refresh 'READ NEW"

Guest Gringo
This topic is 7533 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest jwraustin

RE: Can't refresh 'READ NEW

I have the same problem with "auto-mark". Howebver, I have found a short way around having to individually mark all forums as read.

I go to the top menu bar on the page where all the forums are listed. I click on "mark" in that menu bar, and voila! all marked as read.

Jon Dean

http://www.manfuck.net

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

jwraustin---that works for me too!! It's not an automatic reset as I once enjoyed, but its only one extra click. I can live with that. Thanks. Sorry for all the grief Daddy. :+

>But it doesn't work for the 90% of forum readers who aren't

>following this thread and doing that themselves.

>

>It seems clear to me that this bug will negatively affect the

>community.

There's a workaround, as explained in this thread. Please refer anyone complaining about this problem to this thread.

Daddy will no-doubt advise the forum software authors of this bug and will implement the fixed version the next time he has free time. (Hint: Daddy has free time every time hens grow teeth.)

Personally, I don't use this feature so I never noticed the problem. We've only had a few people complaining that the feature isn't working so I doubt we've got a serious problem for the entire community.

Meanwhile, we have a workaround for anyone bothered enough to ask about it.

Archived