THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Where did "View All" go????????

Guest ncm2169
This topic is 7679 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest ncm2169

OK, in the "Geek Test" thread in the Lounge, I have two choices: "Threaded Mode", which makes me select the "sub-threads" I want to view, or "Linear Mode", which appears not to list "sub-threads." What happened to the "View All" option? More importantly, let's get it back. It's easier and much more user-friendly.

RE: Where did

When a thread reaches a certain level of complexity -- meaning depth of subthreads, not the length of the main comment and replies to it -- it goes into what is known as "overload mode." The software then starts presenting the subthreads individually, in an attempt to make the whole thing more understandable.

When this happens, there will always be a note to that effect immediately after the first comment. It will say:

This page is in overload mode. View all

"View All" will be clickable and, if you click it, will display the familiar interface you're looking for. :)

BG

Archived