THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Read New

Guest Gringo
This topic is 7667 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Gringo

The problem of clearing previously read messages appears to have resurfaced again. Is it me or a bug in the system?

>The problem of clearing previously read messages appears to

>have resurfaced again. Is it me or a bug in the system?

The read new function has never worked very well for me either. Part of the problem may be a lack of understanding on my part of how it is supposed to work.

--EBG

Guest Gringo

the "read new" usually resets automatically after each visit to the site. but, for me, the reset seems to be stuck and it continues to show messages as new even though i've already read them and signed off. anyone else having this problem?:-(

• 2 weeks later...

There is a perference in your "User Menu"/"Edit your preference" that controls this:

"Use MARK time stamp feature?

Select "yes" if you wish to use the MARK time stamp feature to keep track of new messages. In this mode, you manually mark forums when you finish reading all the messages in that forum. Otherwise, your last visit time stamp is used to keep track of new messages."

I have it set to yes, because I prefer to manually mark when I'm done reading the messages in a forum.

Daddy.

Archived