THIS IS A TEST/QA SITE

Much "action" in Houston

Guest TexasTaurus
This topic is 7040 days old and is no longer open for new replies.  Replies are automatically disabled after two years of inactivity.  Please create a new topic instead of posting here.  

Guest TexasTaurus

The streets of Houston are still active through the early hours of the evening. The block around the "611 Club" is awesome.

Again, CAUTION is the word of the day - Drugs, Thugs, Mugs...

Be very cautious....If you park around there, be prepared to pay some money to those guys. I was there last month, parked on the side road to go to the bars. Kindly declined an offer and came back to find all four of my tires flat. Needless to say, I didn't park there again.

Guest TexasTaurus

Crackdown in Houston?

It appears that the city is starting to crack down on "street events". A major street fair is coming up (Westheimer Fair?) and the number of drug dealers and "hustlers" on the street need to be reduced, at least according to a few hustlers I talked with.

I do know that in the last week the police presence (undercover and patrols) in the Montrose area has increased greatly. Apparently there have been several arrests and other attempts to intimidate both the hustlers and their customers.

For whatever reason, caution is in order.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived